Holy cow, what's happening in LA CA

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Holy cow, what's happening in LA CA

Post by philip964 »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... -shot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This whole thing sounds terrible. A former police officer is going all postal in LA, killing family members of people who got him fired. Then the police being targeted are jumpy and shot two women delivering newspapers. Forty policemen are now assigned to protect potential victims.

What else can they do the people can't protect themselves.

Very sad.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Holy cow, what's happening in LA CA

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

philip964 wrote:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... -shot.html

This whole thing sounds terrible. A former police officer is going all postal in LA, killing family members of people who got him fired. Then the police being targeted are jumpy and shot two women delivering newspapers. Forty policemen are now assigned to protect potential victims.

What else can they do the people can't protect themselves.

Very sad.
Sad indeed. Read his manifesto and you will find that he loves Piers Morgan, favors gun-control, big Obama supporter, hates the NRA. Somehow the mainstream media will spin him as a Tea Party member.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

Seems like all the crazy killers are members of the Obama fan club.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Dude is wacko. They have the manhunt in San Diego as well. Former officer and military reservist....

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/S ... 89011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Post by i8godzilla »

By Friday morning it will be spun into being George Bush's fault..........
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

Obviously, he's a full blown nut job. However, from the little I've read about the case that was the reason he was fired from the PD it sure sounds like he was railroaded. This was not the way to handle that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CenTex

Post by CenTex »

Well at least in California he can not have more than ten round magazines./s
CenTex
near Belton
NRA Benefactor, GOA, SAF & TSRA Life

SF18C
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SF18C »

I think it is time to take guns away from CA cops...look at all the deaths!!! Come on...its for the children, even if it saves only one life!!!

were is the sarcasm font?
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

C-dub wrote:Obviously, he's a full blown nut job. However, from the little I've read about the case that was the reason he was fired from the PD it sure sounds like he was railroaded. This was not the way to handle that.
Personally I don't buy what he is spewing in his manifesto. CA has a great peace officer bill of rights. To get fired, it takes work. Something triggered him and he went nuts. I would have to wonder, if he was complaining on a training officer, was he simply a trainee that wasn't making it? Trainees will file all sorts of stuff to try and save their jobs. Racial complaints, sexual harassment, being treated badly, ect. The job of the training officer is to make sure safe competent people go to patrol. Field training in SO CAL is a lot harder and different than other places. I also wondered about the timing of his deployment. Again, in some cases, when some are not making it, they quickly volunteer to deploy, because the dept has to hold the job for them. I have seen this done and it does happen.

This guy needs to either surrender or eat his gun. I sure hope none of my former partners get harmed by him!

SF18C
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SF18C »

Just watched the presser with the sheriff...we found his truck, cops going door to door, dogs, following snowy foot prints....see something say something! Now they want drones!

Press galore with lots of questions...here, here call on me!!!

A note on the media...pictures of the perp in his Navy uniform, none in his police uniform. All the pics of the cops responding to this issue...they have EBWs in their hands.

More bread and circuses????

Now how do you spell Benghazi again?
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

SF18C wrote:Just watched the presser with the sheriff...we found his truck, cops going door to door, dogs, following snowy foot prints....see something say something! Now they want drones!

Press galore with lots of questions...here, here call on me!!!

A note on the media...pictures of the perp in his Navy uniform, none in his police uniform. All the pics of the cops responding to this issue...they have EBWs in their hands.

More bread and circuses????

Now how do you spell Benghazi again?
Dude wasn't a cop long enough... in SO CA you get issued ar's..... sad how many agencies in TX do not issue them :smash:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

texanjoker wrote:
C-dub wrote:Obviously, he's a full blown nut job. However, from the little I've read about the case that was the reason he was fired from the PD it sure sounds like he was railroaded. This was not the way to handle that.
Personally I don't buy what he is spewing in his manifesto. CA has a great peace officer bill of rights. To get fired, it takes work. Something triggered him and he went nuts. I would have to wonder, if he was complaining on a training officer, was he simply a trainee that wasn't making it? Trainees will file all sorts of stuff to try and save their jobs. Racial complaints, sexual harassment, being treated badly, ect. The job of the training officer is to make sure safe competent people go to patrol. Field training in SO CAL is a lot harder and different than other places. I also wondered about the timing of his deployment. Again, in some cases, when some are not making it, they quickly volunteer to deploy, because the dept has to hold the job for them. I have seen this done and it does happen.

This guy needs to either surrender or eat his gun. I sure hope none of my former partners get harmed by him!
Yeah, he's way off the deep end, but the person he said the TO kicked also says he was kicked. Supposedly, the kicked's father asked him why he was so puffy or something like that when he was released and he said he was kicked twice. I know, why would the BG lie, but why would the trainee lie? Maybe you're right too, though and this trainee was having a rough time and made those accusations to keep his job. We'll never know because they consider it settled and won't be looking into it again whether this guy is taken alive or not. I hadn't considered your scenario and it is certainly possible.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Sad indeed. Read his manifesto and you will find that he loves Piers Morgan, favors gun-control, big Obama supporter, hates the NRA. Somehow the mainstream media will spin him as a Tea Party member.
All the MSM outlets that I looked at earlier this afternoon, including FoxNews, have edited the content of his manifesto to remove the references to Obama. The one that I saw that still had the content in its entirety was posted on a conservative blog.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:Sad indeed. Read his manifesto and you will find that he loves Piers Morgan, favors gun-control, big Obama supporter, hates the NRA. Somehow the mainstream media will spin him as a Tea Party member.
All the MSM outlets that I looked at earlier this afternoon, including FoxNews, have edited the content of his manifesto to remove the references to Obama. The one that I saw that still had the content in its entirety was posted on a conservative blog.

Wow..that is NOT right.

FishInTx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FishInTx »

It's amazing to watch how a story like this unfolds. Bits and pieces get released, assumptions are made, new info arises, new assumptions are made. I just hate it when bits and pieces "get removed" as TAM noted.
I've got a uniformed relative in the CA area so I'll be watching this story for sure.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”