Chase bank shot up in Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Chase bank shot up in Houston

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/hcso- ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employees pistol whipped. Fired several shots during robbery.

Did I mention my bank won't let me carry in their bank anymore.

I got my CHL after getting to be up close and personal with one of their many bank robberies.

I'm developing a phobia.

The Count

Re: Chase bank shot up in Houston

Post by The Count »

I'd find a new back ASAP. IMO the "overnight deposit"/ATM at banks is also a very dangerous place.

Ericstac
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ericstac »

I carry when I go to Chase bank.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I try to avoid going into banks whenever possible. There is not much need to these days. The local Chase is not posted either.
Psalm 91:2

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

My local Chase's are all not posted. I'm a regular at 3 local branches (depending on what direction I'm heading for errands).
Clearly it's not a "corporate policy" to post 30.06. I wonder why the OP's is posted??

Also do business with another bank (another international brand) that has a gunbuster sign on the door. I carry in there (no 30.06), but make more of an effort to avoid it altogether. One day I'm in the drive through and there's 5-6 guys in suits inside talking. Employees, certainly, probably some regional management. One guy breaks away and starts chatting with me over the intercom. Eventually he asks me if there's anything they can do to better serve me. I couldn't resist.

Me: Yes, you can take down that ridiculous no guns sign on your door.
Him: So you don't want to leave your gun in the car?
Me: i don't have a gun (lie), but tell me this.... Do you think your sign will discourage a criminal or do you think your sign tells a criminal that all the good guys are disarmed?
Him: That's a good point.
Me: :roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Wow - not many take over robbery s like that. Usually it is the demand note with no weapon even on their person. Glad nobody was seriously hurt.

My credit union has the gun with a red circle on it saying no guns but no 30.06.

When I worked the I-5 corridor in So CAL we had many bank robberies each week that some places had double doors with metal detectors to get into the bank.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/hcso- ... index.html

Employees pistol whipped. Fired several shots during robbery.

Did I mention my bank won't let me carry in their bank anymore.

I got my CHL after getting to be up close and personal with one of their many bank robberies.

I'm developing a phobia.

Maybe the robbers covered the no guns signs up and they didn't work anymore.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Don't do business with a bank that has those rules.

Don't vote for Democrats.

If everyone would just do these two simple things, a lot of problems would be behind us! :rules:
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

My branch bank is IBC who has the official 30.06 sign. Not Chase who was recently robbed and shot up. My branch that I go to has been robbed at least 6 times that I am aware of.

In my area, one Bank of America has an armed guard. It may be that the time I went in, they had been recently robbed and the guard now may be gone. Most banks have armed guards for a period after a robbery.

The other Bank of America has the plexiglas windows for the tellers. This means the gunman puts a gun to the head of a customer to get his money from the teller who may or may not comply.

My IBC branch, where I got to witness the robbery, has added a buzz you in feature at the front door and the new 30.06 sign. This would have stopped the robbery I was involved in, as they would not have buzzed in the masked robbers, you presume. That is, unless they held a gun to the head of a customer who happened to be outside. Maybe there is the risk with this bank now.

The Count

Post by The Count »

philip964 wrote:My branch bank is IBC who has the official 30.06 sign. Not Chase who was recently robbed and shot up. My branch that I go to has been robbed at least 6 times that I am aware of.

In my area, one Bank of America has an armed guard. It may be that the time I went in, they had been recently robbed and the guard now may be gone. Most banks have armed guards for a period after a robbery.

The other Bank of America has the plexiglas windows for the tellers. This means the gunman puts a gun to the head of a customer to get his money from the teller who may or may not comply.

My IBC branch, where I got to witness the robbery, has added a buzz you in feature at the front door and the new 30.06 sign. This would have stopped the robbery I was involved in, as they would not have buzzed in the masked robbers, you presume. That is, unless they held a gun to the head of a customer who happened to be outside. Maybe there is the risk with this bank now.
Any business that is so concerned for it's workers safety, enough to put them behind a barrier; but not at all concerned with my right to protect myself with a legally carried firearm, would not find me doing any business with them.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Chase corporate policy is to allow their customers to carry wherever legal by state law. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:My local Chase's are all not posted. I'm a regular at 3 local branches (depending on what direction I'm heading for errands).
Clearly it's not a "corporate policy" to post 30.06. I wonder why the OP's is posted??

Also do business with another bank (another international brand) that has a gunbuster sign on the door. I carry in there (no 30.06), but make more of an effort to avoid it altogether. One day I'm in the drive through and there's 5-6 guys in suits inside talking. Employees, certainly, probably some regional management. One guy breaks away and starts chatting with me over the intercom. Eventually he asks me if there's anything they can do to better serve me. I couldn't resist.

Me: i don't have a gun (lie), but tell me this.... Do you think your sign will discourage a criminal or do you think your sign tells a criminal that all the good guys are disarmed?
My business checking is with Chase, and my branches are not posted either. In fact, at the branch were I originated my account, the guys there all wanted to talk guns with me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:My local Chase's are all not posted. I'm a regular at 3 local branches (depending on what direction I'm heading for errands).

My business checking is with Chase, and my branches are not posted either. In fact, at the branch were I originated my account, the guys there all wanted to talk guns with me.
The OP clarified later that his 30.06 posted bank is not Chase, but it was a Chase that got shot up in the robbery link described in the OP.

I like Chase pretty well. For a behemoth international financial company they manage to deliver pretty good service and don't murder me with fees. I even got good service at a branch in Shanghai once.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:The OP clarified later that his 30.06 posted bank is not Chase, but it was a Chase that got shot up in the robbery link described in the OP.
I guess I missed that part. :oops:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:The OP clarified later that his 30.06 posted bank is not Chase, but it was a Chase that got shot up in the robbery link described in the OP.
I guess I missed that part. :oops:
I think we can all find a way to forgive you.. ;-)

Return to “The Crime Blotter”