OK teens shoot/kill jogger because "they were bored"

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
thenick_ttu
Posts in topic: 2

OK teens shoot/kill jogger because "they were bored"

Post by thenick_ttu »

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... were-bored

Very sad and disturbing story. A college baseball player is out jogging. Three teen boys are bored so they decide to shoot & kill the next person they saw... drove up behind this guy and shot him in the back. It would take an unbelievable amount of situational awareness to avoid this. Pretty scary stuff.
"They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: 'There's our target,'" ... 'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.'"

"They followed him in the car to that area, shot him in the back and drove off," Ford said.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK teens shoot/kill jogger because "they were bored"

Post by Purplehood »

A Facebook post by one of the accused suggested that he may have been a second person shot by the trio.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

i'd say it's about time to make an example out these three waste of lives..... i'm sure the gun nuts are going to have a field day with this too :banghead: very sad to see where amerika is going.....
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I don't care how young they are. Those three need to be put to death or locked up for the rest of their lives.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/three- ... 6700172461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is an Australian newspaper story. Prime Minister wants Australians to avoid the US until they have stricter gun controls. This newspaper also doesn't hold back on photos of the shooters, case you were not sure about the shooters.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

baldeagle wrote:I don't care how young they are. Those three need to be put to death or locked up for the rest of their lives.
They killed. Not for gain, self defense or even anger, simply to kill. They should be put down like the mad dogs that they are, to prevent them from future crimes, set an example to those who would emulate them and to prevent them from becoming a long term obligation to the taxpayers.

As far as the comments from the former Deputy Prime Minister, I'm sorry to see that, but if that's his point of view, I won't be sorry to see him NOT visit the United States, as I won't be visiting Oz because of their (to me) insane gun laws.

This is a real tragedy, a young man who by all accounts was a fine person, taken from his life and those who loved him by a group of homicidal punks.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

philip964 wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/three- ... 6700172461

Here is an Australian newspaper story. Prime Minister wants Australians to avoid the US until they have stricter gun controls. This newspaper also doesn't hold back on photos of the shooters, case you were not sure about the shooters.
I guess we should call for a boycot Australia too, until they get stricter knife control.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-23/a ... ey/4535770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:banghead:
Last edited by JJVP on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The Australian article blames it on the NRA, but the three who committed the crime are gang-bangers, or at least wannbes. THIS is the exact reason I support the death penalty.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

K.Mooneyham wrote:The Australian article blames it on the NRA, but the three who committed the crime are gang-bangers, or at least wannbes. THIS is the exact reason I support the death penalty.
And they are all minors, who are not allowed to own handguns. :rules:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

bdickens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bdickens »

In the words of the philosopher Gomer Pyle: "surprise, surprise, surprise!"
obama's sons.jpg
If Obama had a son, he could have looked like any one of these fine upstanding young gentlemen.
Byron Dickens

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I would ask the PM if its true that criminals in Australia don't have guns. They're a second rate nation. What do I care about what they think?
baldeagle wrote:I don't care how young they are. Those three need to be put to death or locked up for the rest of their lives.
Death...... that's my first reaction.....but I honestly have to say that I'm conflicted. I'm not conflicted by what they've done. That deserves death. I don't buy the myth that "society failed them." I don't even buy the myth that their parents failed them....although that is certainly contributory. There is no way on God's green earth that they did not know what they were doing was wrong. They HAD to know. They just simply didn't care. The knowledge that what they proposed to was grievously wrong was not enough to inhibit the decision to go ahead and do it, because they A) believe themselves to be disconnected from the law, B) disconnected from the laws of consequences, and C) disconnected from the idea that the life of another has any value at all. That makes them complete sociopaths, and sociopaths cannot be redeemed........except by Jesus Christ.

What I'm conflicted about is their ages. The first thought that came to me was William McCarty, AKA Billy the Kid. I just went to his Wiki page to refresh my memory. He shot and killed his first victim when he (McCarty) was just 18. Some witnesses to the event claimed that it was self-defense, as the other man was administering a butt-whoopin' to McCarty when he was shot. The victim, a man named Frank P. "Windy" Cahill, had been bullying McCarty for a long time. On the day of the shooting, he threw McCarty to the ground after a verbal exchange, and McCarty retaliated by shooting him. Thus beginneth the final three years of McCarty's life for which he is most famous.

He is credited with between 15 and 26 murders, depending on who's telling the story. While there is certainly no real justification for any of Billy the Kid's murders, at least they were committed during the course of events that we can make some kind of sense of and understand. By that, I mean that he did not just randomly kill people; he killed them in the course of some kind of confrontation—either during the commission of some other kind of crime, or in self-defense. In 1881, he was duly convicted in a court of law and sentenced to hang, and was awaiting execution when he escaped, and then was later controversially killed by Pat Garrett. (Interesting side note: then New Mexico governor Lew Wallace refused at the time to pardon McCarty or show him any clemency. Wallace is the author of "Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ," which was described by many as "the most influential Christian book of the nineteenth century" and which was later adapted for the screen in the 1958 movie starring Charlton Heston. Small world.)

If Billy the Kid deserved the death penalty for his many murders, committed in the course of other crimes, then surely these teenagers deserve death for the sheer wantonness and purposeless killing of Christopher Lane.

But these kids are just that.....kids. Grown up killers, pretty much sociopathic, and probably irredeemable.....but still just kids. Billy the Kid was 18 when he committed his first murder, and 21 when he died. He was an adult. Should we be executing teenagers below the age of emancipation? I don't know. I don't claim to have the answer to that. I can't even say for certain that it would be wrong to do so, but I am conflicted nonetheless. And if I am not 100% certain that someone ought to be put to death, then maybe they shouldn't be? Maybe they should be imprisoned with their parents.....in the same cell. THAT would certainly be poetic justice.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone else's feelings about it. I'm just airing my own.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VMI77
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VMI77 »

bdickens wrote:In the words of the philosopher Gomer Pyle: "surprise, surprise, surprise!"
obama's sons.jpg
If Obama had a son, he could have looked like any one of these fine upstanding young gentlemen.
Come now, by this time, everyone knows what race the perps are when the legacy media doesn't mention race. And we also know that we'll hear nothing about these perps in the media, Al Sharpton and Nancy Grace won't talk about what happened non-stop for months on their TV shows, and our King and President for Life, Barry Sotero, won't see fit to weigh in on the tragedy. And I don't care how "young" they are....they're old enough to know right from wrong which means they're old enough to be executed.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I still maintain that this is NOT about race, in and of itself, but about POLITICS and CULTURE, specifically a broken excuse for a thug culture nurtured and perpetuated by the political left. Is this culture linked to race? Oh yes, it certainly is, but I would contrast Al Sharpton and Clarence Thomas: they are both black; however, there is a stark difference in the culture of the two men. This incident is just another in an extensive line of murders that can be traced back to a leftist political decision somewhere. Instead of them simply being treated as the murder suspects that they are, it becomes a discussion about other matters. And besides the terrible loss of life of that young man, it highlights something much, much worse.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this site, but it appears he took the data from the Australian gov't. If these numbers are accurate, the Australian Prime Minister should suggest that their citizens get out of Australia because they're not very safe there either.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

bdickens wrote:In the words of the philosopher Gomer Pyle: "surprise, surprise, surprise!"
obama's sons.jpg
Amen!
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Return to “The Crime Blotter”