Wow, 63 Ohio officers suspended

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Wow, 63 Ohio officers suspended

Post by mojo84 »

13 officers fired shots. Not sure what all I think about this. Pretty scary if you ask me.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ohio ... e-20575792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder why the supervisors couldn't get the officers under control.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wow, 63 Ohio officers suspended

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Rolling Riot?
My Liberal Democrat Yankee Brother is the Chief of Police up there in a township on the eastern outskirts of Cleveland. I wonder if he jumped in the soiree...
III

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by EEllis »

The call goes out that an officer is being shot at alot of cops will figure they will take the hit rather than let an officer go without backup. The Dept seems to be blaming the issue on the lower level sups but it seems to me there could be a bigger issue with officers not trusting the Dept to make sure that the street cops are taken care of. If the cop on patrol thinks the Dept will make calls based on expedience rather than officer safety then ......

jmra

Post by jmra »

Sounds like an undisciplined department that lacks quality leadership.

They need to learn the difference between "officer in pursuit" and "release the hounds".
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cb1000rider »

Wow:
A fleeing driver and passenger were killed when officers fired 137 shots at them in the 23-minute chase that involved five dozen cruisers and wove through residential neighborhoods before ending in gunfire.
The nighttime chase began last November when an officer thought he heard a gunshot from a car speeding by the police station in downtown Cleveland. A parking lot attendant thought it might have been a car backfire, a theory endorsed by the driver's family.
No weapon or shell casings were found in the fleeing car.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25657762/ ... atal-chase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Officers charged in death of the two people being chased. No weapons were found in the car.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

So, if a cop hears something he "thinks" was a gun shot, that's enough for the police to swarm and kill you? This possible gun shot required 104 officers? One of whom shot at the suspects 49 times, meaning he had, assuming an 18 round mag capacity, to change magazines twice after emptying the first mag. All this with no return fire and two unarmed suspects. Another police execution with even less justification than the one in Miami....for which, apparently, there were no consequences. At least an attempt is being made to punish the executioners in this case.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Wow...that is incredible. Darn scary. Even if they prosecute some of these guys that will not bring back the dead.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

philip964

Post by philip964 »

When a police officer turns on his lights you stop.

You keep both hands on the steering wheel and your polite and pass the attitude test.

Doesn't matter the race, you run from the police, bad things will happen to you, including death.

If you have a CHL, and you run from the police, they will assume you are armed and a real danger.

A CHL in Houston did just that, and he did not survive.

stroo

Post by stroo »

The guys being chased weren't great guys, they had significant criminal records. But the indicted officer stood on the hood of their car and purt 15 shots through the windshield???? What kind of tactical advantage do you get standing on the hood of car??

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's also about the innocent citizens that that were put in harms way by these adrenaline junkies. Staying level headed and using discretion in such situations is critical to good effective police work. There was much of either evidenced in this gang style confrontation.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:When a police officer turns on his lights you stop.

You keep both hands on the steering wheel and your polite and pass the attitude test.

Doesn't matter the race, you run from the police, bad things will happen to you, including death.

If you have a CHL, and you run from the police, they will assume you are armed and a real danger.

Uhhh....where in the law does it say police can kill people who run from them? I realize we're no longer under the rule of law....but just sayin'.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

VMI77 wrote:

Uhhh....where in the law does it say police can kill people who run from them? I realize we're no longer under the rule of law....but just sayin'.
Is there an execution clause we are not aware exists?

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

What was the case in Houston?
III

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cb1000rider »

I get more and more afraid of the police every day... It's already to the point where I'm not going to call them to the house.
This incident was nuts. I was reading something the other day that indicated that people are much more likely to engage in fringe behavior when you're part of a "pack"... Good example here.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”