Teen killed after ringing doorbell late at night.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Teen killed after ringing doorbell late at night.

Post by philip964 »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/ ... l-was-shot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Young female African American teen got in a car accident late at night. Her phone did not work, so she rang the doorbell of a near by home. She was shot in the back of the head on the porch of the home. They surmise she was leaving when she was shot.

Happened in a suburb of Detroit that apparently has a great police department.

I'll put my money on the shooter going to jail.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tenn killed after ringing doorbell late at night.

Post by TexasCajun »

There appears to be more to this story (shocker!). As of right now, we have only one side of the story which includes a gunshot to the back of the head and no arrest. On the surface, these would appear to be conflicting occurrences in that a shot to the back would typically result in an arrest - at least pending investigation....
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

ChoqPOC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ChoqPOC »

:shock: wow. I'm interested in hearing the full story.
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Now that I've got past the "Tenn Killed...", isn't this pretty much business as usual in Motown?

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Very limited article. I wonder what happened. We'll see if they release anymore info after the fact.

Keith B

Re: Teen killed after ringing doorbell late at night.

Post by Keith B »

Here's one with more information http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/artic ... -shot-dead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Keith B wrote:Here's one with more information http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/artic ... -shot-dead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "racial profiling" card gets old :smash: . 4 blocks from the car? That is interesting. Sounds like they are waiting for the prosecutor to decide if and what charges will be filed. That is common practice in difficult cases. Better to be thorough then rush and mess up a case or wrongly charge a person.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Apparently it's not straightforward.
A warrant request was submitted to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office on Wednesday, but the office has asked police for further investigation before a decision is made on whether any criminal charges will be authorized, according to Maria Miller, spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office.
There's something about the current state of the cause that gives the prosecutor pause. Wonder what it could be.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:Now that I've got past the "Tenn Killed...", isn't this pretty much business as usual in Motown?
I don't think this happened in Tenn[essee]. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

If it happened as simple as that, it seems excessive.

We had someone come to the door the other night and knocked, then left in a car. We don't know anyone with that kind of car. Hubby was not able to get to the door in time. We had no idea what he wanted. It upset hubby enough he strapped on the .45. It was dark out and dinner time. Hubby called me to warn me, so I went around the block when I came home and saw nothing. I was carrying also. We never get people out at that time of night, ever. It was really Unusual. They never came back either...

Knocking does not merit a shot in the back. Does it mean you should be armed and on alert if you answer the door? Darn right.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

stroo

Post by stroo »

There has to be more to this story than has been reported. One thing that raises my eyebrow is that she was 4 blocks from her car. That is a long ways from the accident. Surely there were closer houses.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

stroo wrote:There has to be more to this story than has been reported. One thing that raises my eyebrow is that she was 4 blocks from her car. That is a long ways from the accident. Surely there were closer houses.
They did say it was in an area of mixed business and residential. Possibly 4 blocks to houses vs. loft-type apartments. It's all speculation until the investigation reveals some more info.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

From the 2nd article:
Police released few details and would only say that McBride was shot as she stood on the porch.
That same article quotes the family as saying the girl was shot in the back.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

texanjoker wrote:
Keith B wrote:Here's one with more information http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/artic ... -shot-dead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "racial profiling" card gets old :smash: . 4 blocks from the car? That is interesting. Sounds like they are waiting for the prosecutor to decide if and what charges will be filed. That is common practice in difficult cases. Better to be thorough then rush and mess up a case or wrongly charge a person.
The "racial profiling" card gets old
McBride compared the shooting of her niece to that of Trayvon Martin, the African-American teen shot dead in Florida by George Zimmerman in a case that ignited a national debate over racial profiling and stand-your-ground laws. :banghead: Looks like Zimmerman will make it into the history books.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

sunny beach
Banned

Post by sunny beach »

VoiceofReason wrote:McBride compared the shooting of her niece to that of Trayvon Martin
She brutally attacked the person who lived there?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”