Police officer dies, Mayor attends shooters funeral

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Police officer dies, Mayor attends shooters funeral

Post by philip964 »

http://www.wjhl.com/story/25123475/new- ... chase-dies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having a little trouble piecing all this together, but apparently the Memorial service for the murdered police officer was cancelled by the Mayor, who then attended the funeral for his murderer.

I need a few more links to confirm all of what I have written.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Police officer dies, Mayor attends shooters funeral

Post by philip964 »

Yeah apparently that's what happened.

News media didn't report it until it became a social media firestorm. One would think it would not require a social media firestorm to be news, but then I am not a journalist.

Mayor's last name is Outlaw, BTW he is a Democrat.

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/local/out ... h-1.302069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

What do you expect from a tree hugger.
Outlaw.jpg
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

New Bern is a small town with a lot of "old family". The mayor dishonored the fallen officer by protecting his political interests, but I bet he won't admit that. If he does not resign, he has no honor.

BTW, New Bern is where Pepsi-Cola was invented.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I think that cancelling the memorial for the fallen officer was wrong. All they had to do was say it is for the officer only.

As for the mayor attending the funeral, I guess I'm in the minority. Apparently, it's a small town and he knows the COP-killer's family. If one of my friends' son killed a COP and got killed in the process, I would go to the funeral to support my friend, not to honor a COP-killer. Now, if the mayor didn't know the family, then that's a different story and I wouldn't have even considered going to the funeral.

Chas.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”