3 year old sister kills 2 year old brother with long gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

3 year old sister kills 2 year old brother with long gun

Post by philip964 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... _ref=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a new anti gun facebook friend. She is much better than my other anti gun facebook friend at digging this sort of thing up.

Really sad. Apparently according to the report the little girl operated the breech to load a cartridge into the barrel. But who knows.

gigag04

Re: 3 year old sister kills 2 year old brother with long gun

Post by gigag04 »

philip964 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... _ref=false

I have a new anti gun facebook friend. She is much better than my other anti gun facebook friend at digging this sort of thing up.

Really sad. Apparently according to the report the little girl operated the breech to load a cartridge into the barrel. But who knows.
Highly doubt that she did. My 8yo son can barely overcome the springs.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jmra

Post by jmra »

gigag04 wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... _ref=false

Highly doubt that she did. My 8yo son can barely overcome the springs.
:iagree:
Sounds fishy to me
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Very hard to believe a 3 year old can pick up, load, point and shoot any type of rifle. I doubt she could lift the thing. Some of the comments posted on this article are out there as well...
III

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Depends on the gun. My Marlin lever action has a fairly tight action that is not easy to cycle, but some I tried when I bought it were very loose and easy.

Many .22 long rifle semi-auto actions are not very tight especially if it is an older rifle or the springs are worn. I think my old High Standard HD military pistol action is fairly light though hard to grasp for kid. Also, I have never replaced the springs in my CMP M1carbine and it is very easy to cycle as another example. Or the rifle could have had a loaded magazine with the bolt locked back so all the kid had to do was get the bolt to fall forward.

I am also curious how long the rifle was left there. Was it just long enough to unload the truck or was it left their all day?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”