Knockout game attacker first asked man if he had a gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Knockout game attacker first asked man if he had a gun

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-att ... 27404.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man said no, so the knock out game began.

Another reason to carry all the time.

rbwhatever1

Re: Knockout game attacker first asked man if he had a gun

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Too bad we can't strip this roving gang of thugs of ever receiving assistance from Society. Public schools included.
We can't cut off their hands. Can't tattoo a big X on their foreheads and each cheek for easy recognition in public. Can't hang them or shoot them or drop them 50 miles in the ocean.
Can't do any of that sort of stuff but we will continue pumping out all the benefits of Society to them and their families.

Compassionate Societies are their own worst enemies in dealing with those creatures among us who have no compassion at all.
III

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Wrong answer.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

So now there's a new variation, one that should raise all kinds of alarms.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rp_photo »

Such a question from a stranger in public should be taken as a threat and responded to as such.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rp_photo »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Too bad we can't strip this roving gang of thugs of ever receiving assistance from Society. Public schools included.
We can't cut off their hands. Can't tattoo a big X on their foreheads and each cheek for easy recognition in public. Can't hang them or shoot them or drop them 50 miles in the ocean.
Can't do any of that sort of stuff but we will continue pumping out all the benefits of Society to them and their families.

Compassionate Societies are their own worst enemies in dealing with those creatures among us who have no compassion at all.
A compassionate society also allows it's citizens the right of self-defense, and armed citizens are often the only effective way to deal with the problem.

A compassionate society that does not afford the right to self-defense is anything but.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

So, if one of these thugs punched an armed person in face, and begins to run off, I think it would be difficult to justify deadly force; given that the thug is running away and a shot would likely be in the back.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

What's the right answer? Yes, I am? Or no, I'm not? Regardless of whether you are armed or not, if you're close enough to be punched in the face, you're not exercising good situational awareness.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Further proof that knockout game devotees are vicious and rational but not suicidal.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

baldeagle wrote:What's the right answer? Yes, I am? Or no, I'm not? Regardless of whether you are armed or not, if you're close enough to be punched in the face, you're not exercising good situational awareness.
I would immediately back away while placing my hand on my weapon and command, "stop, back off." My next step would depend on their reaction.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

If you're going to give an answer I think it best be a variant of: "That's for me to know and you to find out."

BTW, I read that response used in a self-defense story. A woman in Austin pumping gas at night. She was carrying and she was situationally aware. When one of the two guys that had approached and weren't pumping gas tried to interview her she had positioned herself with her car between them. Her behavior got him thinking she might be armed, and when he asked her if she had a gun or something, she said "that's for me to know and you to find out." They got into their car and left.
Last edited by VMI77 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Jim Beaux wrote:
baldeagle wrote:What's the right answer? Yes, I am? Or no, I'm not? Regardless of whether you are armed or not, if you're close enough to be punched in the face, you're not exercising good situational awareness.
I would immediately back away while placing my hand on my weapon and command, "stop, back off." My next step would depend on their reaction.
:iagree: I would perceive this as a threat. It's not like he asked for the time or if I had a cigarette. Regardless of the question, I'm making space when any stranger walks up.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-att ... 27404.html

Man said no, so the knock out game began.

Another reason to carry all the time.

I don't know what carrying has to do with it. Admitting to being armed is a bad idea, carrying or not. I like VM's answer.

CowboyEngineer

Post by CowboyEngineer »

No, I carry two.
NRA Life Member
Glock 23
Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB

Return to “The Crime Blotter”