Fake deputies storm home, rob Liberty County family

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

talltex
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Fake deputies storm home, rob Liberty County family

Post by talltex »

EEllis wrote:

You also set it up where the "default" facts are are not facts at all but beliefs you hold. As an example, while you state that the "prevalence" makes this possible that just isn't so. It was 2 guys kicking a door calling themselves cops.
just a couple of comments:
1. on page one of this thread, the inherent dangers to innocent people subjected to "no-knock" search warrants was the issue being discussed. YOUR comment was: "Sounds like if you are not involved with drug dealing you really don't have to worry about this type of issue." Now THAT sounds like someone making a statement based on beliefs they hold.
2. You are technically correct that "prevalence" of no-knock warrants isn't THE ONLY thing that makes it possible, but I think even you will acknowledge that the increased incidence of the use of them by police agencies is a primary factor in the problem. If police agencies did not utilize no-knock warrants, then citizens would KNOW that they could defend themselves against anyone kicking in the door.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Neither of you guys are going to change the others mind so how bout we agree to disagree & go on to another topic so we dont have to lock this one.
Thanks gentlemen. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by EEllis »

talltex wrote:
EEllis wrote:

You also set it up where the "default" facts are are not facts at all but beliefs you hold. As an example, while you state that the "prevalence" makes this possible that just isn't so. It was 2 guys kicking a door calling themselves cops.
just a couple of comments:
1. on page one of this thread, the inherent dangers to innocent people subjected to "no-knock" search warrants was the issue being discussed. YOUR comment was: "Sounds like if you are not involved with drug dealing you really don't have to worry about this type of issue." Now THAT sounds like someone making a statement based on beliefs they hold.
2. You are technically correct that "prevalence" of no-knock warrants isn't THE ONLY thing that makes it possible, but I think even you will acknowledge that the increased incidence of the use of them by police agencies is a primary factor in the problem. If police agencies did not utilize no-knock warrants, then citizens would KNOW that they could defend themselves against anyone kicking in the door.
1. That's just it. That wasn't what I was discussing. And I don't believe I am alone as someone else pointed out that the event hardly seemed random. I was speaking to fake raids not real ones and if fake ones were a real concern to the greater public. My comment was signifying my belief that if there were not some other factor involved that this event was not something to raise the level of concern about these events. I think that I have made that point several times now.
2. I do not have that info and no one has presented that on here that I know of. I'm not discounting the possibility, but I think it has been shown that it is just not possible to have that discussion on here and I really don't want to go there.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

longtooth wrote:Neither of you guys are going to change the others mind so how bout we agree to disagree & go on to another topic so we dont have to lock this one.
Thanks gentlemen. :tiphat:
Amen!
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”