A video reminder to carry from Springfield Mo.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

A video reminder to carry from Springfield Mo.

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -them.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are in a difficult defensive position when there are four attackers.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A video reminder to carry from Springfield Mo.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Racism is alive and well...............and unpunished.......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Where is the outrage from the 'revrunds and the current POTUS?

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:Where is the outrage from the 'revrunds and the current POTUS?
They're probably outraged that the young men trying to help up that man and woman were being chased by a couple of white cops.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Has it hit Fox yet? They won't know about it until it does.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

philip964 wrote:You are in a difficult defensive position when there are four attackers.
I think there were six according to the video and article, but yeah.

And speaking of "six," always check yours and be prepared to equalize a disparity of force situation (carry everyday and everywhere.)
The Annoyed Man wrote:Racism is alive and well...............and unpunished.......
No doubt. It is interesting to note, however, that one of the assailants appears to be white.

"After most of the young men run away, a white male wearing head-to-toe black and red sneakers runs into the shot and kicks Mr. Vessey multiple times before running off with the rest of the group."
Honor Necessity

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

The only male all in black with red shoes I saw was a lighter skinned black male. Could be wrong, rare but it happens.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Distinguished Rick

Post by Distinguished Rick »

And always carry additional ammo.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Gotta give the BF kudos for not giving up the fight. :thumbs2: From what I saw he is a scrappy dude. As usual the cops show up after the fact. :totap: I hope they catch the perps. :mad5
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

A video reminder from Memphis, TN.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More information on the video. Two store employees went to help an elderly customer who was being beaten by a mob.

This apparently happened last night. It appears at the end the Kroger security guard is seen as giving his cell phone camera to the girl, so she can film him doing his job.

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

I have cavalierly mentioned on this forum that I do not carry a second magazine. With mobs of 100+ I might be rethinking that. I have certainly swapped out the 5 round XDs .45 for the 19 round XDm 9mm.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:I have cavalierly mentioned on this forum that I do not carry a second magazine. With mobs of 100+ I might be rethinking that. I have certainly swapped out the 5 round XDs .45 for the 19 round XDm 9mm.
A 5-round .45, I didn't even know such an animal existed. I figured it would hold at least 10 rounds, like my G30SF does, but then noted yours is a single stack. I bet that thing conceals real well.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:I have cavalierly mentioned on this forum that I do not carry a second magazine. With mobs of 100+ I might be rethinking that. I have certainly swapped out the 5 round XDs .45 for the 19 round XDm 9mm.
With a mob of 100+, you'll have better luck shooting a can of pepper spray to send 'em running. Save your bullets for the few who are undeterred by the exploding pepper spray. Even with reloads, you're not going to be able to out-shoot 100+ attackers with bullets alone.

You have to fight with what you've got at the moment that it happens. It makes me laugh when I see that TV show "preppers" because when the brown stuff hits the fan, you might not be within reach of your preps at home. You might be out shopping. You might be at work, etc. What you're carrying is what you've got to deal with the situation. You might be in a foreign country where guns are banned (gasp).

Your noggin' is your best survival tool.

jmra

Post by jmra »

drjoker wrote:
With a mob of 100+, you'll have better luck shooting a can of pepper spray to send 'em running. Save your bullets for the few who are undeterred by the exploding pepper spray. Even with reloads, you're not going to be able to out-shoot 100+ attackers with bullets alone.

You have to fight with what you've got at the moment that it happens. It makes me laugh when I see that TV show "preppers" because when the brown stuff hits the fan, you might not be within reach of your preps at home. You might be out shopping. You might be at work, etc. What you're carrying is what you've got to deal with the situation. You might be in a foreign country where guns are banned (gasp).

Your noggin' is your best survival tool.
Being in a foreign country when anything happens is not something I have to worry about anymore. The days of a foreign government holding my passport until they are ready for me to leave are long behind me. My feet will stay firmly planted on American soil thank you very much.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

jmra wrote: Being in a foreign country when anything happens is not something I have to worry about anymore. The days of a foreign government holding my passport until they are ready for me to leave are long behind me. My feet will stay firmly planted on American soil thank you very much.
For lots of us, this is still a way of life. I'm sitting here in Bangkok writing this - planning to fly home tomorrow on 9/11. My gut feeling is that if anything were to happen tomorrow, it'll be where my family is in Houston (without me) rather than here.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “The Crime Blotter”