Graphic video handgun/shotgun gunfight GG vs BG

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Graphic video handgun/shotgun gunfight GG vs BG

Post by philip964 »

http://m.ktrh.com/onair/michael-berry-1 ... -12792966/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Graphic video handgun/shotgun gunfight GG vs BG

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Brings to mind those Tom Waits lyrics: "Small Change got rained on by his own .38"....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

His hopping around on one foot got me to chuckle. Another good guy with a gun story that will never make the MSM.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Good statement at the end. Don't feel good about killing him, but don't regret it either.

I did like the way he seemed to keep shooting and attacking until the criminal was down and disarmed.

jmra

Post by jmra »

MechAg94 wrote:Good statement at the end. Don't feel good about killing him, but don't regret it either.

I did like the way he seemed to keep shooting and attacking until the criminal was down and disarmed.
:iagree: It's amazing what the body can endure if only for a short period of time. Any hesitation may well have resulted in a hit from the shotgun. That would not have been pleasant.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

holy knock down power batman! must have been a .40 or .45..........o wait he was hopping on one leg.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I've noticed several shootings where the gun was fired one handed. Most everyone practices with a 2 handed grip at the range so I find it interesting to see one handed shooting in real life.

I know that training and muscle memory have a lot to do with it, but even seasoned officers sometimes only use one hand.

One other observation, the clerk turned his back on the BG when walking away. This could have been bad if BG had a concealed handgun on him.

Either way, good shoot. Glad the clerk and sister were saved by a good guy with a gun.
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

jmra

Post by jmra »

magillapd wrote:I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I've noticed several shootings where the gun was fired one handed. Most everyone practices with a 2 handed grip at the range so I find it interesting to see one handed shooting in real life.

I know that training and muscle memory have a lot to do with it, but even seasoned officers sometimes only use one hand.

One other observation, the clerk turned his back on the BG when walking away. This could have been bad if BG had a concealed handgun on him.

Either way, good shoot. Glad the clerk and sister were saved by a good guy with a gun.
You should always take time to practice shooting one handed with both your right and left hand. There could be a number of factors that could prevent you from using both hands when shooting in a defensive situation. I know that I would want to make myself as small a target as possible. Turning sideways and aiming with one hand makes you a much smaller target than standing square with the BG and using two hands. If you are shooting from cover it may not be possible to use two hands.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I was taught to shoot two handed. Now, I only shoot at the range one handed. I found that if you must shoot quickly, the only advantage of shooting two handed was the speed to acquire the target on the second shot, but only if the second shot was to the same target. If the second shot was to a different target, it was easier and quicker to shoot one handed.

If I was shooting for accuracy only, I would shoot two handed, but if speed is a factor I shoot one handed. I now only shoot for speed and accuracy.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

jmra wrote:
magillapd wrote:I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I've noticed several shootings where the gun was fired one handed. Most everyone practices with a 2 handed grip at the range so I find it interesting to see one handed shooting in real life.

You should always take time to practice shooting one handed with both your right and left hand. There could be a number of factors that could prevent you from using both hands when shooting in a defensive situation. I know that I would want to make myself as small a target as possible. Turning sideways and aiming with one hand makes you a much smaller target than standing square with the BG and using two hands. If you are shooting from cover it may not be possible to use two hands.
:iagree: It's important to know what you're capable of with one hand or just your non-dominant hand. One shot to the arm or even a mediocre hit from a blunt object can disable your normal fighting arm.

I'm a right handed guy but have found that I'm an even better shot with my left hand. :lol:
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Return to “The Crime Blotter”