Driver Killed - a different outcome possible?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Driver Killed - a different outcome possible?

Post by chasfm11 »

http://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/inde ... n-shooting

Cross-Timbers Gazette
Written by Dawn Cobb
Wednesday, 24 September 2014 16:20

There are several aspects to this tragic story that interest me.

1. The victim and I have a mutual friend. Prayers for his family
2. There is good police work in tying together some of the events.
3. The question is whether there was a possibility for the victim to have avoided being shot. It isn't clear from the description whether he had made any contact with the shooter or knew if he was being followed. It is possible that he saw the guy waving the gun. Since it was at night, some of that may have been less than clear.

This is one of those situations where I'm not sure that being armed would have helped.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Driver Killed - a different outcome possible?

Post by C-dub »

Since he "was arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon on alcohol premises," I'm guessing that he does not have a CHL.

Why drop the lesser aggravated assault charge? I never really understand that. Keep it there. Pile up those charges.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”