This one Leaves me speechless

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

This one Leaves me speechless

Post by howdy »

http://www.wtae.com/news/infant-in-penn ... ource=WTAE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jmra

Re: This one Leaves me speechless

Post by jmra »

Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

The DA says the case is being treating as a criminal investigation, but all evidence points to an accident.
Negligent. Not accident.

On a semi-related rant, it bugs the ever-living HECK out of me when I click a link to a news story and it immediately starts playing a video commercial where the dadgum PAUSE button and the frickin MUTE button are DISABLED. :mad5 It isn't even 6:00 am on a Sunday morning and I do not want to wake up the rest of the house.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Jumping Frog wrote:
The DA says the case is being treating as a criminal investigation, but all evidence points to an accident.
Negligent. Not accident.

On a semi-related rant, it bugs the ever-living HECK out of me when I click a link to a news story and it immediately starts playing a video commercial where the dadgum PAUSE button and the frickin MUTE button are DISABLED. :mad5 It isn't even 6:00 am on a Sunday morning and I do not want to wake up the rest of the house.
I have another pet peeve and that is posters who post links without any clue or hint whatsoever as to why we should be interested in it, and in this case not even in the Subject line, and it's expected that we should blindly click on it.

IMO any posts here should at least summarize what's in the link or otherwise post a comment about it. :smash:

No, I did not click on the OP's link.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Negligent. Not accident.

You can disable that. In Chrome it's a setting under Advanced Settings/Plugins. In Firefox you can download a plugin that prevents it. Once you enable them, you have to click twice on a video before it will play.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

baldeagle wrote:You can disable that. In Chrome it's a setting under Advanced Settings/Plugins. In Firefox you can download a plugin that prevents it. Once you enable them, you have to click twice on a video before it will play.
Proof that rudeness is common enough that people need to take the time to write a defense or download and install it.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

TomsTXCHL wrote:I have another pet peeve and that is posters who post links without any clue or hint whatsoever as to why we should be interested in it, and in this case not even in the Subject line, and it's expected that we should blindly click on it.
Some forums require a brief description of the link and what someone will find if they go there as part of the Forum Rules. Some forums warn if a person posts a bare URL and something in the subject, it will be deleted. Include details or don't post the URL.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

jmra wrote:Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
jmra :smash: it on the head. Perfect summary.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Negligent. Not accident.

I use Firefox with NoScript and allow very few websites to run scripts by default. With NoScript I can manually control when videos play. It also stops sites such as Drudge from refreshing every few seconds while trying to peruse the headlines. (dishonest way to increase "hits")
this tool gives you with the best available protection on the web.
It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. It also implements the DoNotTrack tracking opt-out proposal by default, see http://snipurl.com/nsdntrack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /noscript/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

TomV

Post by TomV »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Negligent. Not accident.
I don't agree. Too much unknown information to rule it negligence. The young men do need to be much better aware of what is beyond the target. They may need to spend more range time so they are better at hitting their intended target.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

TomsTXCHL wrote: On a semi-related rant, it bugs the ever-living HECK out of me when I click a link to a news story and it immediately starts playing a video commercial where the dadgum PAUSE button and the frickin MUTE button are DISABLED. :mad5 It isn't even 6:00 am on a Sunday morning and I do not want to wake up the rest of the house.
I have another pet peeve and that is posters who post links without any clue or hint whatsoever as to why we should be interested in it, and in this case not even in the Subject line, and it's expected that we should blindly click on it.

IMO any posts here should at least summarize what's in the link or otherwise post a comment about it. :smash:

No, I did not click on the OP's link.[/quote]
:iagree:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “The Crime Blotter”