Police Officer Shot in Ferguson

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Police Officer Shot in Ferguson

Post by Vol Texan »

A Ferguson police officer was shot Saturday night, according to St. Louis County Police Department spokesman Brian Schellman. The officer, a woman, is still alive, Schellman said.

Details still emerging...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 40afe.html
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Police Officer Shot in Ferguson

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Some articles say it was a woman. Some say it was a man. Media cant get much right these days. Media has morphed long ago from reporting news to creating news.
Maybe it's a good thing the officer missed the thugs when returning fire. Maybe it's a missed opportunity to get on down the road with this Makers versus Takers calamity we created.

St. Louis Missouri is a powder keg looking for a fuze.
III

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Some articles say it was a woman. Some say it was a man. Media cant get much right these days
Looks like two separate shootings:

The Conservative Treehouse reported that two Ferguson MO police officers were shot last night.

The first occurred near the community center, when a female LEO interrupted a burglary in progress. She is still alive.

From the article:
A second Saint Louis County police officer came under fire in an ambush attack while going home. He was off-duty but in his uniform when a black Dodge Charger with 3 black males pulled up and fired multiple rapid times into his vehicle. He was only partially wounded by the breaking glass and able to return fire. The location was I-70 near I-170. It is described as an “ambush style” shooting.
At this point, I am not sure whether it would be better to go all-in, and fight until the last one is standing to regain control, or just leave, letting them loot and kill until they kill themselves and burn the place to the ground. I am reminded how Sodom and Gomorrah had the ground salted so nothing would ever grow there again.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

Jumping Frog wrote:
rbwhatever1 wrote:Some articles say it was a woman. Some say it was a man. Media cant get much right these days
Looks like two separate shootings:

The Conservative Treehouse reported that two Ferguson MO police officers were shot last night.

The first occurred near the community center, when a female LEO interrupted a burglary in progress. She is still alive.

From the article:
A second Saint Louis County police officer came under fire in an ambush attack while going home. He was off-duty but in his uniform when a black Dodge Charger with 3 black males pulled up and fired multiple rapid times into his vehicle. He was only partially wounded by the breaking glass and able to return fire. The location was I-70 near I-170. It is described as an “ambush style” shooting.
At this point, I am not sure whether it would be better to go all-in, and fight until the last one is standing to regain control, or just leave, letting them loot and kill until they kill themselves and burn the place to the ground. I am reminded how Sodom and Gomorrah had the ground salted so nothing would ever grow there again.
I would leave, but I left "city life" many years ago.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Thanks for clarifying 2 LEOs were shot. Had to dig to find the ambush incident on Interstate 70 with the off duty LEO.
The Citizens of Missouri have a duty to back their LEO's. I hope those "City Dwelling Missourians" are well stocked and well armed.

If the thugs burn St Louis to the ground they will infest another city like rats looking to be fed. Washington created this mess and Washington now needs to stay out of it...
III

Return to “The Crime Blotter”