Armed gun store owner murdered by FedX delivery man

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Armed gun store owner murdered by FedX delivery man

Post by philip964 »

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crim ... /16141529/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A FedX delivery man, who had recently delivered a shipment of guns, came back later with two others and robbed the store murdering the store owner with one shot to the face. The owner's gun was found still holstered.

RIP.

carlson1

Re: Armed gun store owner murdered by FedX delivery man

Post by carlson1 »

Who was it came up with the brilliant ideal of telling UPS or FedEx the box contains firearms? :banghead:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It was delivered to the gun store. They came back and looked at guns the next day. I am sure this is one of the small Mom and Pop type shops that exist in rural areas where many times there is only one person there at a time. We have several of those back in the area where I grew up.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ELB

Post by ELB »

carlson1 wrote:Who was it came up with the brilliant ideal of telling UPS or FedEx the box contains firearms? :banghead:
In this particular case I don't think it matters. Regular deliveries to a gun shop of relatively heavy parcels that require signatures and have insurance is probably a tip-off to their contents...

RIP to Maxie, the gun store owner. Looks like his shop was not terribly far from where I grew up.
USAF 1982-2005

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm not even sure it matters that one of them was the driver that delivered anything. They just wanted to steal some guns and knew the shop was there and were willing to murder/execute someone do do that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”