parents of deceased son let killer move in

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
premedit8ed
Posts in topic: 1

parents of deceased son let killer move in

Post by premedit8ed »

Not sure if posted yet, what do you think?
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... homepage-t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by premedit8ed on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA member
springfield xds 9mm / Canik 55 T-120 9mm
Panther arms 5.56 A2 carbine
Remington 870 express super magnum

tacticool

Re: patents of deceased son let killer move in

Post by tacticool »

It sounds like he negligently (recklessly?) killed his best friend. I don't know if I could do the same in the parents' shoes but maybe it's the right thing for them. I hope the arrangement helps them heal.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

He was drinking and smoking pot when this happened. It seems to me that the gun isn't the issue. The issue is that, while in an impaired state, he negligently killed his friend. What would the law say if it had been a drunk-driving incident or an industrial accident caused by chemically impaired judgment? That's how I think this matter should be judged. As for the victim's parents decision, that is theirs and theirs alone to make. It is beyond any right of mine to pass judgement on it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Since that article didn't go into their relationship prior to the accident it's hard to say. Maybe if that happened to my daughter and it was one of her close friends that caused the accident I might be able to do the same thing for her friend if she needed my help and had no one else to turn to. Just like we're always saying around here, circumstances circumstances.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”