Another anti-gun lawmaker arrested with....a gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Another anti-gun lawmaker arrested with....a gun

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10 ... gun-bills/
Missouri state Senator Jamilah Nasheed, a Democrat who has sponsored several “anti-gun” bills in her state, was arrested Monday night during a protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department. However, it’s what police officers found on her that is raising eyebrows.

Nasheed was carrying a loaded 9mm handgun and extra rounds of ammunition, according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson. She also refused to take a breathalyzer test after officers determined she “smelled strongly of intoxicants,” sources told KMOV-TV.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

RoyGBiv

Re: Another anti-gun lawmaker arrested with....a gun

Post by RoyGBiv »

Hypocrisy ... Should be the 8th deadly sin.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rotor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rotor »

Unless they have proof that she had consumed alcohol they have nothing. She had a CHL and big deal, was carrying a 9 mm with oh no, an extra magazine. I need to remember to carry that extra magazine. I am not supporting an anti-gun legislator but what's wrong with these cops? Are they just a bunch of clowns? Did she legally need to take a breathalyzer test while protesting?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

rotor wrote:Unless they have proof that she had consumed alcohol they have nothing. She had a CHL and big deal, was carrying a 9 mm with oh no, an extra magazine. I need to remember to carry that extra magazine. I am not supporting an anti-gun legislator but what's wrong with these cops? Are they just a bunch of clowns? Did she legally need to take a breathalyzer test while protesting?
Some of your comment answers might be found in Missouri statutes.

I agree with RoyG. Hypocrisy. Yes it is a sin. A sin of pride. Jesus spoke of it often in referring to the Pharisees. This legislator is a modern day Pharisee.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

rotor wrote:Unless they have proof that she had consumed alcohol they have nothing. She had a CHL and big deal, was carrying a 9 mm with oh no, an extra magazine. I need to remember to carry that extra magazine. I am not supporting an anti-gun legislator but what's wrong with these cops? Are they just a bunch of clowns? Did she legally need to take a breathalyzer test while protesting?
Alcohol on the breath is probable cause for public intoxication. She was arrested on civil disobedience charges, so they had reason to check her. Upon search she was found to be carrying, then she could be possibly carrying while intoxicated, which is a felony. She apparently never showed officers any concealed carry permit, even though she claims to have one.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rotor

Post by rotor »

Keith B wrote:
Alcohol on the breath is probable cause for public intoxication. She was arrested on civil disobedience charges, so they had reason to check her. Upon search she was found to be carrying, then she could be possibly carrying while intoxicated, which is a felony. She apparently never showed officers any concealed carry permit, even though she claims to have one.
If as you say she was carrying and failed to show officers her permit than she is in trouble, at least in Texas unless they have some kind of legislator immunity in Missouri. I too hate the hypocrisy of how our rulers treat us peons- that's how it seems to be isn't it? I just didn't see that in the story, it seemed that she was arrested, had a chl, a loaded gun with extra ammo and a intoxicant smell on her breath reported by police. I don't know the legal requirement for doing an alcohol test in a case like this. Was she arrested for public intoxication?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

rotor wrote:
Keith B wrote:
If as you say she was carrying and failed to show officers her permit than she is in trouble, at least in Texas unless they have some kind of legislator immunity in Missouri. I too hate the hypocrisy of how our rulers treat us peons- that's how it seems to be isn't it? I just didn't see that in the story, it seemed that she was arrested, had a chl, a loaded gun with extra ammo and a intoxicant smell on her breath reported by police. I don't know the legal requirement for doing an alcohol test in a case like this. Was she arrested for public intoxication?
Don't know. Will have to wait for info on the actual charges that get applied.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

[video][/video]

And the officer is incorrect about not being illegal for possession and intoxicated. http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See number 5
Keith

rotor

Post by rotor »

I thought I heard in the video that she didn't have her ccl with her. The LEO though wasn't sure about alcohol and carry. Interesting. The law maker is a screwball, we all know that. Wish the police were sharp enough to really get her on solid grounds with a felony. Look, the people in her district want her- we have the same thing here in Texas. As the food stamp line gets bigger we may see more legislators like this. What can I say. It's not just gun control- it's mind control. California has Maxine Waters? We have Shiela Jackson Lee. They win the election, they stay in office. The people speak.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Some "Elected Politicians" do not support the Rule of Law or the population at large. This moron needs to be kicked out of office so she has lots of free time to participate in as many riots as she wishes. A State Official who does not support their LEO's needs to be gone...
III

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I really think the officer was not sure about possession and alcohol vs. displaying and alcohol. The reason being Missouri has been an open carry state, but allowed cities and municipalities to ban open carry. New laws just went into effect that says a CHL can openly carry anywhere you can concealed carry. Also some other changes went into effect like 19 year old CHL. So, think he may have just not been up on the laws that went into effect.
Keith

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

rotor wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I thought the only immunity Texas Legislators had was they could not be stopped or detained when traveling to and from the capitol.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

I have only bought/sold one or two items over the internet, but why would you agree to go anyplace with the buyer/seller? It either comes with a manual or not. I am not an instructor and that doesn't come with the sale price. Transaction in a public place and then it is over.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

MechAg94 wrote:I have only bought/sold one or two items over the internet, but why would you agree to go anyplace with the buyer/seller? It either comes with a manual or not. I am not an instructor and that doesn't come with the sale price. Transaction in a public place and then it is over.
MechAg94, I believe you were responding to a different thread's topic, but you put it here instead. The thread you were talking about is this one: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=74816#p942541
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

rotor

Post by rotor »

MechAg94 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I thought the only immunity Texas Legislators had was they could not be stopped or detained when traveling to and from the capitol.
My reference here was perhaps Missouri legislators might have some kind of immunity about having a chl permit on their person. I don't know what kind of immunity Texas legislators have.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”