FTF seller robbed with his own gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

FTF seller robbed with his own gun

Post by A-R »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10 ... ing-shock/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That’s when, police said, the acquaintance placed a live round of ammunition into the gun’s chamber, pointed it at the seller and asked, ”How does it feel to get robbed with your own gun?”

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FTF seller robbed with his own gun

Post by gigag04 »

Might have to start providing the firing pin separate in my own transactions.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

How many people actually think that when selling a gun the gun being sold is the only one the seller brought to the party?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

How many people actually think that when selling a gun the gun being sold is the only one the seller brought to the party?
not me.
I expect them to be carrying and I don't assume they will show up alone.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

ghostrider wrote:
not me.
I expect them to be carrying and I don't assume they will show up alone.
:iagree:

I'm carrying, I figure the buyer is also packing....plus I always have someone along with me.
The buyer may not see them, but I'm covered during the entire transaction. It's a good feeling.

You can't eliminate all the risk, but some good control measures can get the residual risk element to an acceptable level.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

C-dub wrote:How many people actually think that when selling a gun the gun being sold is the only one the seller brought to the party?
The OP said, "pointed it at the seller and asked..."

Do you plan the quick draw with a loaded weapon pointed at you to save the gun you are selling?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

G26ster wrote:
C-dub wrote:How many people actually think that when selling a gun the gun being sold is the only one the seller brought to the party?
The OP said, "pointed it at the seller and asked..."

Do you plan the quick draw with a loaded weapon pointed at you to save the gun you are selling?
There was a thread around here somewhere a while back about the odds and statistics of just such a situation. It seem that more often than not, people that decided to fight even after already having a gun pointed at them prevailed. They were injured, but still prevailed. The theory, IIRC, is that the BG is not expecting a fight and is slow to react to the resistance. I'll hunt around a little and see if I can find the thread or study.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

you don't know that a '100% discount' on the gun is enough. Maybe they don't want a witness.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Keeping the tactics going, if they load a single bullet (or a mag) and are within arm's reach, a disarm becomes an attractive option as well and much faster than deploying your concealed gun.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:Keeping the tactics going, if they load a single bullet (or a mag) and are within arm's reach, a disarm becomes an attractive option as well and much faster than deploying your concealed gun.
Absolutely!!!

That's the first action.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

gigag04 wrote:Keeping the tactics going, if they load a single bullet (or a mag) and are within arm's reach, a disarm becomes an attractive option as well and much faster than deploying your concealed gun.
Followed by deploying your knife. Faster to deploy (can already be discreetly in hand) and deadlier than a handgun at touching distance.

Hard for someone to shoot you or hold a gun with all the tendons in their arm sliced as part of the disarm.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

Knife to a gunfight??
Knife in hand?
arms length ?
no thanks best option is takeaway. maybe ?

I aint superman
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Wrong, wrong and wrong all the way around. The best option is to run the annoying mini bicycle lock through the barrel and hand over the key as the last thing before parting ways, while one's other hand rests on the J frame in one's pocket.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

LDB415 wrote:Wrong, wrong and wrong all the way around. The best option is to run the annoying mini bicycle lock through the barrel and hand over the key as the last thing before parting ways, while one's other hand rests on the J frame in one's pocket.
Best answer! :tiphat:
Now I know what to do with those locks that come with new guns.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

jayinsat wrote:
LDB415 wrote:Wrong, wrong and wrong all the way around. The best option is to run the annoying mini bicycle lock through the barrel and hand over the key as the last thing before parting ways, while one's other hand rests on the J frame in one's pocket.
Best answer! :tiphat:
Now I know what to do with those locks that come with new guns.
Good point. I have a pile of those that never get used.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”