Shooting 100yds away from my best friend in Lewisville

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 2

Shooting 100yds away from my best friend in Lewisville

Post by LAYGO »

This occurred near Hebron/121 Business. My best friend, armed with his S&W SD40VE, was at work when all this went down . . . 100yds away. He immediately sheltered in place, locked the doors/windows.

Here is an article with a map with the specific location. My friend was just west of the location when it occurred. He didn't hear it or see it, but a colleague did hear it:
http://lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/module ... oryid=3557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some other articles:
http://drccrimeblog.dentonrc.com/2014/1 ... ting.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://starlocalmedia.com/lewisvillelea ... 5ed3a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the photo from his vantage:
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shooting 100yds away from my best friend in Lewisville

Post by stroo »

I go past there quite often although I have never had reason to turn on that road.

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

stroo wrote:I go past there quite often although I have never had reason to turn on that road.
I've frequently visited him there when he lived there or just stopping in to say hi.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Police Chief does everything he can to not acknowledge that there are gangs in Lewisville. I lived in Lewisville for 13+ years and in the area for 25+ and was aware that there were gangs in Lewisville within the first 5.

EDIT: forgot to put "Chief" in.
Last edited by C-dub on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

C-dub wrote:Police does everything he can to not acknowledge that there are gangs in Lewisville. I lived in Lewisville for 13+ years and in the area for 25+ and was aware that there were gangs in Lewisville within the first 5.
So the articles about Lewisville being one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. isn't hyperbole?
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Dadtodabone wrote:
C-dub wrote:Police does everything he can to not acknowledge that there are gangs in Lewisville. I lived in Lewisville for 13+ years and in the area for 25+ and was aware that there were gangs in Lewisville within the first 5.
So the articles about Lewisville being one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. isn't hyperbole?
It's no Detroit or Chicago. I remember that thread. It was probably more to grab our attention.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

LAYGO wrote:This occurred near Hebron/121 Business
That Walmart has some seedy customers past midnight. I've occasionally stopped there on the way home from work. The QT down the street has some strange ones after dark also.

FYI once you cross I-35 on the west side, FM 3040 becomes Round Grove Road.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”