Pre-K 4-Yr Old Brings Loaded Handgun to School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Pre-K 4-Yr Old Brings Loaded Handgun to School

Post by Keith B »

This will be interesting to find out where the child got the gun and who left it accessable

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Offici ... 99802.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Pre-K 4-Yr Old Brings Loaded Handgun to School

Post by The Annoyed Man »

So, instead of accurately describing and depicting the gun, NBC used a stock image of an expensive Sig Sauer from Getty Images:

The gun could have been one of these possibly statistically more probable guns for all we know:

.....not that this makes bringing a gun to school more or less acceptable, but it is still astonishing that we don't know what it is. If the child had brought an AR15 to school, you can bet your britches we'd know all about what the child had done, what kind of gun it was, where he had found it.........we'd know about the adult's arsenal of one pistol, one rifle, a shotgun, and FIFTY rounds for each gun.............. we'd hear about how we need new laws to keep black rifles of death out of the hands of children, and to control ammo sales, etc., etc., yada yada yada ad nauseum.

This would be like using a picture of a red Corvette in a story about a stolen golf cart.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:So, instead of accurately describing and depicting the gun, NBC used a stock image of an expensive Sig Sauer from Getty Images:
[ Image ]
OT, but is it just me, or does that particular Sig have a broken decocker spring? Odd that the subject of a stock image would have such a flaw.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

From this story http://www.themonitor.com/news/breaking ... b2370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun had 15 bullets in the magazine clip....
Sunds like they got the gun correct, but what's a 'magazine clip'? Maybe this?

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Hindenburg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hindenburg »

Keith B wrote:From this story http://www.themonitor.com/news/breaking ... b2370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun had 15 bullets in the magazine clip....
Sunds like they got the gun correct, but what's a 'magazine clip'? Maybe this?

[ Image ]
Maybe this.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Big deal!

Some don't know correct firearm terminology/nomenclature and some don't know how to spell and some mess up on punctuation and on and on...

Do I know it's a magazine and not a clip?

Sure.

When others don't, I don't let it bother me.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:Big deal!

Some don't know correct firearm terminology/nomenclature and some don't know how to spell and some mess up on punctuation and on and on...

Sure.

Don't get your shorts in a twist; I just thought it was funny that the reporter put both togehter.
Keith

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Sure.

It doesn't bother me either but I don't let that dampen my enjoyment of jokes.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote:

Sure.

Don't get your shorts in a twist; I just thought it was funny that the reporter put both togehter.
I posted this in another thread this morning, but:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:[ Image ]
Is she still single? If so, can I meet her?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

That is great. I have to pass that on.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Mother of 4-year-old has been charged under TPC 46.13 for leaving the gun accessible to a child

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas- ... 12652.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith

Return to “The Crime Blotter”