What not to do when faced with road rage

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 1

What not to do when faced with road rage

Post by jmra »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/17/ve ... olice-say/
LAS VEGAS – A Las Vegas mother of four killed in a road rage shooting last week got in her car with her adult son and his gun and drove around their neighborhood looking for the assailant who ended up shooting her in a residential cul-de-sac, police said Tuesday.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Texsquatch

Re: What not to do when faced with road rage

Post by Texsquatch »

So I was one of the fools that read the first reports about how this poor mother was gunned down in front of her teen daughter and I felt bad for the family. Then last night I read that they went after the guy. What really happened when they found him I wonder? Did they threaten the guy and cause this to escalate even more? Sounds like the entire family is a little high strung since the daughter - who wasn't driving - reached over and honked at the guy for speeding by causing the idiot to stop and scream at the mom. The dad says the son is a hero. I think there were a lot of idiots on the road that day and the mom paid the ultimate price.

rogersinsel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rogersinsel »

This precisely why I've told my kids not to react in kind to rage and to drive to the nearest P.D. for help. As a parent each choice you make, and it doesn't matter if you intend it to be or not, is a teaching moment for your children. There's more than meets the eye here. What I do see is that two children have lost their mother and for what? So many wrong choices.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Conflict resolution is one of the main things that people need to learn, especially CHL's. Staying adult and not losing your temper is key in these circumstances. And if she did chase him down, that was a big mistake. Sometimes you need to be the bigger person and not escalate the issue. In the words of Travis Tritt and Disney, you just have to 'swallow your foolish pride' and 'Let it go'.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rogersinsel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rogersinsel »

Keith B wrote:Conflict resolution is one of the main things that people need to learn, especially CHL's. Staying adult and not losing your temper is key in these circumstances. And if she did chase him down, that was a big mistake. Sometimes you need to be the bigger person and not escalate the issue. In the words of Travis Tritt and Disney, you just have to 'swallow your foolish pride' and 'Let it go'.
Good idea. Can we manadate CHL training for everyone? BTW, I had to lookup who Travis Tritt is...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”