Feds charge Williamson County judge with gun sale crimes

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Feds charge Williamson County judge with gun sale crimes

Post by A-R »

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/lo ... 926.735704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Posted: 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, 2015
By Ciara O'Rourke, Tony Plohetski and Sean Collins Walsh - American-Statesman Staff

GEORGETOWN — Timothy L. Wright, a Williamson County Court-at-Law judge indicted this month on federal weapons charges, developed a lifelong passion for hunting and guns after he moved to Georgetown in 1970. Having lost the use of his right arm to a childhood bout with polio, Wright taught himself to wield shotguns with one hand to shoot quail and to rest rifles on mounts for deer hunting.
In recent years, he had become a regular at gun shows, selling and exhibiting guns under the name of his side business: Gun Addicts. His son said Wright planned to become more involved in the gun trade after his retirement.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Feds charge Williamson County judge with gun sale crimes

Post by Jumping Frog »

Not clear to me if his "side business" included having an FFL. The article never really stated one way or the other.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Sounds like a gun friendly judge the feds are trying to destroy and make an example out of since they are having so much trouble going after guns legislatively. Also see Operation Choke Point.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The only thing that article is missing is any and all details.

Something smells fishy and I don't think it's the judge.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

Jumping Frog wrote:Not clear to me if his "side business" included having an FFL. The article never really stated one way or the other.
Based on other earlier articles he did have an FFL.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”