Stealing packages from mailbox

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stealing packages from mailbox

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Booby traps sound like an increasingly better idea......
And a way to get prison time.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote:
Well yeah, but think of the satisfaction! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I envision an Eau De Skunk device within a package :biggrinjester:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jmra wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I envision an Eau De Skunk device within a package :biggrinjester:
I'm thinking that blue bank dye. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

I am a postal delivery man and deliver packages daily. I wouldn't even consider stealing someone's package. I don't believe most would. It would be problematic if packages always seemed to come up missing or empty on my route wouldn't it? We postal workers under go a very thorough background investigation just like CHL holders do. I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at the postal employees like I am seeing being done here.

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TomsTXCHL »

louisf1 wrote:I am a postal delivery man and deliver packages daily. I wouldn't even consider stealing someone's package. I don't believe most would. It would be problematic if packages always seemed to come up missing or empty on my route wouldn't it? We postal workers under go a very thorough background investigation just like CHL holders do. I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at the postal employees like I am seeing being done here.
Yeah it's one thing to imagine some idiot low-life who doesn't know or care that tampering with mail is a federal offense, but quite another for a postal employee who both knows the law and risks his job, and for what--some junk someone sent thru the USPS?

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JSThane »

louisf1 wrote:I am a postal delivery man and deliver packages daily. I wouldn't even consider stealing someone's package. I don't believe most would. It would be problematic if packages always seemed to come up missing or empty on my route wouldn't it? We postal workers under go a very thorough background investigation just like CHL holders do. I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at the postal employees like I am seeing being done here.
See, you're the delivery man. Of all postal employees, I trust the delivery folks the most, because they -know- they're the most obvious and highly visible suspects if something goes missing, and so they will be the first to make certain nothing does. I do NOT trust the people who sort the mail at the post offices, load it onto trucks or planes, sort it again in distribution hubs, etc. Nor do I trust postmasters general.

I know for a fact that, while we were long-range dating, -someone- somewhere along the line was opening, reading, damaging, and stealing most of the mail I sent my wife, as well as most of the mail she sent me. I also know for a fact that someone keeps getting into packages we send my in-laws, who live in the same general area (although serviced by a different local post office), and stealing stuff out of them, too. Every complaint we've ever made has been stonewalled with "it was damaged when we received it" statements, leads me to believe the USPS distribution hub in the area probably has a long-standing practice of stealing things from people's mail. As it's a fairly large area, with a huge population, it requires a massive distribution hub, providing plausible deniability to any individual working there, and a large opportunity for theft, mail fraud, and other hijinks.

I don't blame the postal carriers, delivery men, etc. I blame the rest of the USPS.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”