Willing and able?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Willing and able?

Post by A-R »

How many would be willing AND able to take and make this shot?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06 ... -the-neck/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When Durham police officers entered the McDonald’s, the suspect reportedly had his arm around the neck of a woman employee and threatened to kill her several times.

Sgt. Glen Price took aim. He set his sights on the suspect, who was still holding his hostage. He pulled the trigger, knowing the possible consequences if he missed his target.

The single bullet reportedly struck Palm in the face. The woman was not harmed.

Javier730

Re: Willing and able?

Post by Javier730 »

Of course the distance is not included and we don't have video of how much he was moving so it's hard to say. Id say he was probably about within 15 feet of the guy. If the guy was slowly backing away with the hostage and not moving violently side to side with the hostage, I would feel pretty confident taking a shot at that distance. I hope I am never put in a situation like this but if I am, I hope I can do as good as this officer did. Amazing shot. Glad it ended well.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

jmra

Re: Willing and able?

Post by jmra »

Javier730 wrote:Of course the distance is not included and we don't have video of how much he was moving so it's hard to say. Id say he was probably about within 15 feet of the guy. If the guy was slowly backing away with the hostage and not moving violently side to side with the hostage, I would feel pretty confident taking a shot at that distance. I hope I am never put in a situation like this but if I am, I hope I can do as good as this officer did. Amazing shot. Glad it ended well.
:iagree:
Not only is distance not stated, but type of firearm is also not stated. We can assume it was a handgun but I know officers who carry ARs in the trunk of their cars for this very type of thing.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”