Church shooting Charleston SC

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Church shooting Charleston SC

Post by jmra »

And so it begins. I wonder what organization told their members to jump on the forum?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

mikesurf111 wrote:You people are insane rednecks who love these massacres......its Fd up that you want people to carry guns in churches of all places..let alone other public places. Guess what the developed westernized countries with the most gun related violence, accidents, and deaths is the country with the most guns. Ill let you guys figure out who that is. But the more these massacres happen.. the more we will win this battle. Your argument will fall flat trying to tell people that they should bring guns to church LOl it is almost laughable...and most of you are probably god believers also...because we all know that is what he would want. The height of lunacy is that thinking that the answer to gun violence is more guns. But have fun with this...maybe if you are lucky there will be more massacres...you could orgasm over that every time it happens
Mike. Welcome to the forum. Please know that if you were to visit my church the last thing you would have to worry about is a madman coming in and shooting you. We believe in providing a safe worship environment. We have armed police officers at each service. I assume you don't have an issue with police officers having guns in a church?
Last edited by jmra on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

Progressive bloggers are picking it up and running with it.

http://qz.com/432450/an-nra-director-ha ... he-pastor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

isa268
Posts in topic: 1

Post by isa268 »

mikesurf111 wrote:Your argument will fall flat trying to tell people that they should bring guns to church LOl it is almost laughable...and most of you are probably god believers also...because we all know that is what he would want.

while he probably won't read this, i'd like to address this point of misconception.

"Luke 22:36(NIV)

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Welcome to the forum.
Last edited by isa268 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Maxwell »

GeekwithaGun wrote:
Rachel Martin wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:Something else to consider: The pastor of this church, who was killed, is a State Legislator in S.C.
And he voted against concealed-carry. Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead.

Chas.

That's some serious victim-blaming, sir. Isn't the murderer in fact the one to blame for the nine dead folks being dead? (I realize that may not fit your agenda, to put the blame squarely where it belongs - at the feet of a guy who used a gun to kill nine innocents in a house of worship - but try for some accuracy. You demean your cause otherwise, I feel.)
Rachel, welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the forum Rachel! As you mentioned the blame does rest squarely with the shooter. He is the one that killed those people and has admitted it. However, fact after fact of history shows that these types of massacres occur much more often in so called gun free zones. Remember, bullies do not what anyone to be able to fight back so if anyone had the ability to fight back in the church, lives might have been saved. I believe this was the point Charles was making.

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

mikesurf111 wrote:You people are insane rednecks who love these massacres......its Fd up that you want people to carry guns in churches of all places..let alone other public places. Guess what the developed westernized countries with the most gun related violence, accidents, and deaths is the country with the most guns. Ill let you guys figure out who that is. But the more these massacres happen.. the more we will win this battle. Your argument will fall flat trying to tell people that they should bring guns to church LOl it is almost laughable...and most of you are probably god believers also...because we all know that is what he would want. The height of lunacy is that thinking that the answer to gun violence is more guns. But have fun with this...maybe if you are lucky there will be more massacres...you could orgasm over that every time it happens
Welcome to the forum Mike!

I can assure you I am not a redneck, but firmly believe in the right to protect myself and my family.

If you want more gun control, maybe try moving to Mexico. I hear it's a crime free utopia there! ;-)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Welcome mikesurf111.

You might want to read the forum rules.
Welcome to the forum. Umm, you might want to pull your head out of the sand. All sorts of very intelligent people have been taking weapons to church for centuries. It's a simple matter of what we consider sacred ground and sacred rules mean nothing to those evil/crazy/demented/hateful enough to shoot random people in a church or school or other venue where people cannot or are not allowed to fight back. The answer isn't about guns vs. guns, it's about being able to stand up and defend yourself and others if and when needed.

The fact that you actually think that anyone on this board enjoys this type of situation shows your own narrow minded lunacy. I'd make a bet that every person on this forum has said a prayer for the victims, their families, and the survivors.

I'll repeat myself: Pull your head out of the sand.

Max
Last edited by Maxwell on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

mikesurf111 wrote:You people...
This is disgusting and nothing but hate. I hope the OP is banned and comments are stricken from the forum.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

TVGuy wrote:
Welcome to the forum Mike!

I can assure you I am not a redneck, but firmly believe in the right to protect myself and my family.

If you want more gun control, maybe try moving to Mexico. I hear it's a crime free utopia there! ;-)
If they can't speak the language, England is an option http://www.murdermap.co.uk/murder-map.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
guns save churches.png
CH0WHkjUwAA2vjV.jpg
London MurderMap.jpg

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Welcome to the Forum, Mikesurf111.

No one in their right mind loves massacres, or the loss of innocent life. No one on this Forum that I know of loves massacres or the loss of innocent life. We all care greatly for each life around us, and choose to protect those lives as we can with the tools available to us, including locks on our doors, alarms, our pet dogs, knives, guns, table lamps or whatever else may help us prevail over an imminent threat. To us, it is the height of lunacy to assume that violence will never come our way (even in a church, as this most current event illustrates) and therefore not be prepared to face it if it ever does. Each of us prays that we are never forced to face a violent attacker, but we also pray that we are prepared and able to stop the attack if it occurs. I pray also that you and your family similarly never come face-to-face with an attacker -- I fear that your un-thinking vitriol will hold them at bay but a short while.
Last edited by Middle Age Russ on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

i smell a troll.... let's get back to the topic here. It saddens my heart to watch the news and witness this unspeakable act. My heart goes out to all the innocent victims. May God heal broken spirits and give peace within this world. love is greater than hate!
Last edited by aaangel on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

jmra

Post by jmra »

aaangel wrote:i smell a troll
Several.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jim Beaux »

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

A troll who is being ignored. :tiphat:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScooterSissy »

Rachel Martin wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:Something else to consider: The pastor of this church, who was killed, is a State Legislator in S.C.
And he voted against concealed-carry. Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead.

Chas.

That's some serious victim-blaming, sir. Isn't the murderer in fact the one to blame for the nine dead folks being dead? (I realize that may not fit your agenda, to put the blame squarely where it belongs - at the feet of a guy who used a gun to kill nine innocents in a house of worship - but try for some accuracy. You demean your cause otherwise, I feel.)
I suggest you reread the portion you quoted. He didn't blame the victims. He stated (accurately) that eight of the church members might be alive if the pastor had allowed members to carry handguns.

Our church not only allows handguns, but after the Wedgewood shooting (a few miles from our church), they encouraged members with a CHL to carry in church. A few years back, they even offered a CHL class at the church.

There is no way to stop all evil. If someone wants to kill, they will get a gun and kill. However, I suspect that someone with evil intent will find themselves stopped very quickly at our church, and others like it that allow members to defend themselves.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

I dont think anything is going to get solved by having this debate & discussion on a public forum, if anything all it does is feed the trolls...

All I know is Gun free zones dont work. They never did. The Luby's massacre in Kileen TX back in '91 is more proof than what anyone needs that gun free zones dont work... Begging for your life, doesnt work if someone is intent on killing. It's a shame that no one was carrying. I'm not even sure if they were permitted to carry but from what I've seen on the news, no. CC is not permited at the church. At least give the people a chance to fight for their god given right to life, people begging the shooter to stop obviously did'nt work. Screw that. If I walk into a business that has a 30.06 sign posted, I respectfully turn around & go elsewhere...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”