Overly agressive off duty thug cop

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Overly agressive off duty thug cop

Post by chasfm11 »

MechAg94 wrote:So what is the law about traffic stops in Texas regarding unmarked cars and officers out of uniform? I thought it used to be the law that they could not make traffic stops in unmarked cars or out of uniform, but I thought I heard that was changed a while back. Not sure what the rules are now.

Looking at that video, I cannot imagine stopping just because some dude in boxers and a wife beater t-shirt flashes a badge. I am going to get clear of the area and call 911. Most especially when the dude is acting that agressively.
While it was a couple of years ago, I had an undercover Woodlands detective pull me over in an RV. He had lights and a siren but no physical marks on the outside of the car. He was in civilian clothes but produced a badge and gun. He was nearly as unprofessional with me as the officer in the video (short of telling me he was going to shoot me) in front of my wife and daughter and ordered me to leave the area "before you kill someone". He was speeding down the service road along I-45 without lights or siren but turned them on when he got to me. I was thankful that he didn't try to issue me a citation but he clearly had no idea about RVs, driver's licenses for the various classes of them.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dragonfighter »

My wife has long suspected the tacit acceptance of steroid use within law enforcement has something to do with it. Looking at this guy, his manner and his build; I think she might be right.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Dragonfighter wrote:My wife has long suspected the tacit acceptance of steroid use within law enforcement has something to do with it. Looking at this guy, his manner and his build; I think she might be right.
This.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Dragonfighter wrote:My wife has long suspected the tacit acceptance of steroid use within law enforcement has something to do with it. Looking at this guy, his manner and his build; I think she might be right.
I haven't thought of this before but it makes sense.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”