Spit on a LEO & You Get the Slobber Knocked Out of You

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Spit on a LEO & You Get the Slobber Knocked Out of You

Post by ShootDontTalk »

steveincowtown wrote: Was looking for "deadly", as per your spitting is the same as a gun pointed at you.

The items you pointed out are either not deadly, and in the overwhelming majority of case cannot be transmitted by saliva. I won't go through all of them, but.....

Reminds me of the 80's when some folks thought HIV could be spread on a toilet seat...
I'm going to cut my comments to you right here. If you want to risk your life on what you think you know, I'm sure no one will object. You'll pardon the rest of us for being less.....well, adventurous.

Charlie's.Contingency....thank you for your concern. Thank the good Lord, she never contracted anything in her 27 years. During her career she dealt with such exotic stuff as Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, Bubonic Plague, Neumonic Plague, TB (the second deadliest disease in history), Rabies, AIDS/HIV, and so many others I can't even remember them. By His grace we were spared.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Spit on a LEO & You Get the Slobber Knocked Out of You

Post by Jim Beaux »

steveincowtown wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote: You could be spitting a disease that could kill me, it's just like somebody pointing what appears to be a gun at you.

What deadly diseases are transmitted through spitting?

If we compare spitting to be like a loaded gun, we need to throw sneezing in there as well.

IMHO, the officer had a greater chance of getting infection by throwing the punches and catching one of his knuckles on her teeth than he did with her spitting on him. An open wound and saliva is bad news.
Shouldn't you be taking your arguments to the Legislature? You should have an easy time convincing them that intentional spitting in someone's face is just a harmless pastime. Until you persuade them, spitting on someone is a crime.
Never said it wasn't a crime. I asked what deadly diseases are transmitted through spitting? Also, please note your article link does not support the Hep C is transmitted through spitting.

On a side note, I can recall a time on this board when folks were a little less testy and took the time to read others post fully and provide well thought out answers. :tiphat:
Ebola & rabies.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “The Crime Blotter”