White House Staffer Threatens Cop Boyfriend with own Gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Re: White House Staffer Threatens Cop Boyfriend with own Gun

Post by mojo84 »

joe817 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
joe817 wrote:Oh, but she's on paid administrative leave, pending further investigations......Seriously???

Hmmm....on second thought....I'll keep my comments to myself. :coolgleamA:
A White House spokesperson said Singletary has been placed on unpaid leave, and her access to the White House complex has been revoked until they have more information.
Oh, unpaid instead of administrative leave. Well then, that's a BIG difference!
Thanks for the correction. I must learn to be more politically correct when quoting stuff like this.

I think the difference he is pointing out is paid vs unpaid. He had a valid point and it has nothing to do with political correctness.
Ok. For me it's a non-issue. The simple fact that she's still employed(for now at least) speaks volumes, wouldn't you agree?
I agree she should have been fired immediately. However, the government doesn't work that way and hasn't for many years. Even though we agree she should be fired, suggesting another poster was being politically correct because of an error or misinterpretation on your part is uncalled for on your part. At least she wasn't put on paid leave which also happens.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxRVer »

mojo84 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
joe817 wrote:Oh, but she's on paid administrative leave, pending further investigations......Seriously???

A White House spokesperson said Singletary has been placed on unpaid leave, and her access to the White House complex has been revoked until they have more information.
Thanks for the correction. I must learn to be more politically correct when quoting stuff like this.

I think the difference he is pointing out is paid vs unpaid. He had a valid point and it has nothing to do with political correctness.
I think unpaid leave and suspension from the White House is proper until the incident is investigated. Next step is termination.
Charlie

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TxRVer wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

I think unpaid leave and suspension from the White House is proper until the incident is investigated. Next step is termination.
Ok. Considering she did take a shot at the guy, I think I could justify firing her immediately. However, to each his own opinion. I am glad her leave is unpaid though. It isn't always.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:Two things stand out to me. One, she confronted him about the other woman after they took care of their "business". Two, she actually shot at him? Shouldn't that be more than a domestic violence charge?
Where do you get "domestic violence" as the charge? The article says first and second degree assault and reckless endangerment.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

VMI77 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Two things stand out to me. One, she confronted him about the other woman after they took care of their "business". Two, she actually shot at him? Shouldn't that be more than a domestic violence charge?
Where do you get "domestic violence" as the charge? The article says first and second degree assault and reckless endangerment.

Apparently, as they often do, they've update the article if that's is what it says now. If they changed it, i'm not the only one that had that same thought.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”