So can you jog and concealed carry at the same time?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

goose
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So can you jog and concealed carry at the same time?

Post by goose »

Abraham wrote:Countryside,

In the stroller photo, am I reading what I think I'm reading on the front of the gun stroller ?
Bill O'Reily, if I remember correctly.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Countryside »

I deleted the pic. Tried to edit but it wouldn't cooperate. Didn't notice the patch on the front.

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Countryside »

Here we go...

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Thunder wear from the man in Florida. I sometimes use two pair shorts to keep from chafing. With Thunderware over one set shorts and then another over the holster.
Or...
Normal OTWB holster with T-shirt over it
Wife and I have been walking and slow jogging for years this way in hot and muggy Houston. Along with spare mag, light for late evenings, keys, billfold, and some pepper spray.
We are not training for record breaking marathons but do work up a helluva sweat.
We are partial to Glocks , G-26's, as the sweat and rain don't bother them much....
When OWB holster vs Thunder Wear, we use both Leather and Kydex. Obviously Kydex holsters better for soaking in sweat.
gamboolman & gamboolgal....
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

loktite

Post by loktite »

A similar product to the Thunderwear / Smartcarry, I have the 3 Speed Holster. I find I can bring it up to my midsection, making it tight, and the pistol doesn't move a bit. Wearing it more at the IWB or deep conceal, you would definitely want a tight belt putting pressure on the outside to reduce flopping effect while jogging (Perhaps even spandex shorts would take care of that, feel free to let us know).
NRA Endowment Member

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Tried a Para-Ord P14 - 45 in July and August 2014. Outside the waistband paddle holster. I was walking miles in the predawn. My cover garment was an untucked white t-shirt. Worked fine for a while. The weight contributed to my workout.
Then oops...
I discovered that I could no longer rack the slide.

I am now carrying a G17 in a Cross Breed outside the waist band holster.
The Glock doesn't seem to be affected by sweat.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

I'm hopelessly computer illiterate.

However, when my wife get's back from her errands, perhaps she'll be able to help.

Heck, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't know how to post on this forum. In fact, I wouldn't own a computer. I'd still wonder what e-mail is...

She's (was - retired) a Sr. Systems Analyst working on the Space Shuttle.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I haven't received any PM's.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Further proof that opposites do attract.
Abraham wrote:TAM,

I'm hopelessly computer illiterate.

However, when my wife get's back from her errands, perhaps she'll be able to help.

Heck, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't know how to post on this forum. In fact, I wouldn't own a computer. I'd still wonder what e-mail is...

She's (was - retired) a Sr. Systems Analyst working on the Space Shuttle.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Hill People Gear have some good runner's packs.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 592036.php

Sad story only gets worse. Young wife of jogger who was hacked to death while jogging in Dallas was found dead from, it is believed, suicide.

RIP young couple.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I don't run with out good reason. I have bad knees and I'm old, fat and slow so if you see me running you better follow, that means I'm out of ammo, a bear is chasing me or something is going to explode.

For jogging I would use a fanny pack setup. You could have a gun in one compartment and a your wallet, keys etc. in another. I see people jogging with fanny packs all the time ( I always wonder what they are running from :biggrinjester: ), so you might not look like to much of a nerdy gun nut.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I ran distance for 22 years. 10 mile minimum daily, 15 on the week-ends.

I absolutely loved running.

Eventually, my right knee needed to be scoped. No more running. My heart was broken.

So, I got into long distance in-line skating. (15/25 miles per outing) I found I loved it more than running. I started out a complete novice. I looked like a comedy act the first time I put on my skates, but once I self-learned how to skate it was on...I especially loved to skate at night in the summer. If the moon was full, we'd (my wife and some other skating enthusiasts) skate golf courses and downtown we'd skate parking garages. At that point, I was in my forties. My wife and I skated with a lot of 20 somethings...we were accepted due to our obvious love of skating.

I had to buy wheels (seconds, or blems) by the gross, because I wore out a set per outing. Plus, I made my own wheel brakes from old tires because I wore them out quickly too... I didn't do T-stops as they were too hard on the wheels.

Then my body said no to that too.

Now, I do 25 miles every other day (I'm very close to 70) and don't find it nearly as fun as skating. Man, I loved long distance skating...if my knee allowed, I'd still be skating. I used to look at every paved surface for it's skate-ability...now, I just hope unleashed dogs don't get me.

While I'm blathering about skating, one of the most fun things to do on skates is/was to find a dramatically sloped downhill while getting up a good speed before the down slope and find you have to sit down as the acceleration increases or the speed wobble will make you wipe out. Before these efforts I always wore a helmet, wrist guards, knee pads and a mouth piece, cuz, if you wipe out, it's better...

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

Check out pistolwear.com
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”