My bank was robbed again-posted no guns

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

My bank was robbed again-posted no guns

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/hpd-2 ... nk-robbery

Many years ago my bank was robbed. I was inside. It was a life changing experience. The employees got mental help, most quit. I went and got my CHL and it helped a lot.

They put up 30.06 some time ago. Added a 30.07 recently,but didn't change the 30.06, so I suppose I can conceal carry there now.

Since my robbery they have been robbed at least 7 more times. They have added a remote lock and keep the door locked. You have to be buzzed in. They have had 3 robberies since the addition of the lock. The first the robbers pulled hard on the door and the magnetic lock broke off the door. The last two the employees have buzzed in the robbers out of habit.

The bank is convenient, but should I continue to risk my life by going there, even if carrying my mouse gun?

This time it was again 2 B G's and Houton bank robbers have been know to carry long guns. The other banks in the area have plexiglas barriers protecting the tellers, but none protecting the customers.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My bank was robbed again-posted no guns

Post by Jusme »

If they are still posted 30.06 you can't legally carry there. I would definitely look for another bank. They haven't gotten the message that criminals don't obey their signs, and that it only makes them more of a target. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

If the 30.06 language is out of date, you're technically legal.
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

philip964 wrote:
The bank is convenient, but should I continue to risk my life by going there, even if carrying my mouse gun?
Sounds like it is convenient for everyone to get into and out of. I probably would quit going to that bank.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Your bank is too stupid to learn. Find another.
USAF 1982-2005

psijac

Post by psijac »

Surely a financial institution with such poor pattern recognition, and long term planning skills cannot remain solvent in this economy. Take your money elsewhere before they "invest" lose it for you
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

Bad guys bring guns into "Gun Free Zones"?
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote:The bank is convenient, but should I continue to risk my life by going there, even if carrying my mouse gun?
Simple answer, NO! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

It would seem that your bank has an abundance of " Weapons Grade Stupid" stockpiled. I'd find another one before it gives it away with each new deposit....JMHO
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Surgeon wrote:It would seem that your bank has an abundance of " Weapons Grade Stupid" stockpiled. I'd find another one before it gives it away with each new deposit....JMHO
:iagree: but my rational goes way beyond signs.
NRA Endowment Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Jusme wrote:If they are still posted 30.06 you can't legally carry there. I would definitely look for another bank. They haven't gotten the message that criminals don't obey their signs, and that it only makes them more of a target. JMHO
:iagree: completely. I would readily sacrifice "convenience", for the safety of a bank that has no signs posted.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

You need to suggest to them that they do away with the 30.06, 30.07 signs and go with a carrier friendly sign. One something like: Handgun licensed persons welcome. Please keep your firearm holstered. If you need to use your firearm, please be accurate?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Any employer that exposes their employees to that danger without going to great lengths to ensure their safety is a criminal and should be prosecuted for negligence and sent to prison. In industrial settings such negligence would be a prosecutable offense by OSHA. Why are these human's lives of no importance? Appalling. Sinful.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlassG19 »

ELB wrote:Your bank is too stupid to learn. Find another.

:iagree: it's a shame.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

joe817 wrote: :iagree: completely. I would readily sacrifice "convenience", for the safety of a bank that has no signs posted.
:iagree: This right here.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”