Killed in a Midlothian church

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SA-TX
Posts in topic: 1

Killed in a Midlothian church

Post by SA-TX »

The perp was dressed as a police officer.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016 ... urch.html/

:mad5

No one needs guns in a church and "police" can always be relied upon ... :banghead:

I certainly hope Midlothian/Ellis County/State LEOs find this person quickly. I'll say no more in case I'm picked for the jury. :mrgreen:

SA-TX

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Killed in a Midlothian church

Post by ELB »

Lots of speculation in the comments that this is a woman...if it is she has really long arms. Does have a bit of a duck walk. Seems very comfortable moving around.

RIP Mrs. Bevers.
USAF 1982-2005

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

I hope that this subhuman is caught quickly.

My prayers go out to Mrs. Bevers family and may she rest in peace.

This is a tricky scenario, even for the armed parishioner. If the killer is dressed like LEO, what would you do?

I know we can Monday night quarterback and say that this insignia wasn't right, that uniform wasn't correct, this didn't look right etc., but, when you have few seconds perhaps to do a size up, that's if you even do one, then what would you do and how would you respond?

Something to consider.

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

I have a brother in law LEO and he's told me 1000 times, that's the hardest thing to do. Figure out who the BG really is.

It's not easy and not all LEO's wave a sign and a badge, you always have to size it up in a split second.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Update:

According to assistant Police Chief, the Texas Rangers, BATF and another unnamed federal agency have joined the investigation:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04 ... hian.html/
Ron
NRA Member

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

This is a tragic situation and a heinous crime. I hope the investigators are able to get to the bottom of this and bring the perpetrator to justice. Our Peace Officers face enough challenges without the public having to doubt their identity and motives.

I know we live in a troubled world, but things like this still make me shake my head and wonder about the the evil that exists out there.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

If anyone can get this murderer, it will be the Rangers. And whoever did this will end up with an uncomfortable wait in the Polunsky Unit. :mad5

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

I'm getting the feeling this was something personal and not a random crime. Very odd that the killer arrived just before she did, and nothing I've read eludes to any burglary of the location. The video of this odd duck slowly walking the halls just makes it more strange, but I guess who can say what goes through the mind of a pyscho.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Texsquatch wrote:I'm getting the feeling this was something personal and not a random crime. Very odd that the killer arrived just before she did, and nothing I've read eludes to any burglary of the location. The video of this odd duck slowly walking the halls just makes it more strange, but I guess who can say what goes through the mind of a pyscho.

I felt that from the beginning. Was also wondering if maybe the murderer ran into her and was recognized causing him to kill her. Just doesn't come out of the bag like a regular cat..
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:I'm getting the feeling this was something personal and not a random crime. Very odd that the killer arrived just before she did, and nothing I've read eludes to any burglary of the location. The video of this odd duck slowly walking the halls just makes it more strange, but I guess who can say what goes through the mind of a pyscho.

I felt that from the beginning. Was also wondering if maybe the murderer ran into her and was recognized causing him to kill her. Just doesn't come out of the bag like a regular cat..
Your instincts are right on.

Typical church burglars don't dress like police or wear costumes, and it wasn't Halloween.

They go straight to valuables they think they can sell (precious metal items, sound and computer equipment, etc.), collect them, and get out. This person appeared to be walking around killing time.

I strongly suspect that the murder was the reason for the break in, and that there is some type of connection between the killer and the victim. I have my suspicions, but I won't share them here because I don't have facts to back them up. Time and some really good investigative work will eventually reveal what the connection might be.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Excaliber wrote:
Daddio-on-patio wrote:

Typical church burglars don't dress like police or wear costumes, and it wasn't Halloween.

They go straight to valuables they think they can sell (precious metal items, sound and computer equipment, etc.), collect them, and get out. This person appeared to be walking around killing time.

I strongly suspect that the murder was the reason for the break in, and that there is some type of connection between the killer and the victim. I have my suspicions, but I won't share them here because I don't have facts to back them up. Time and some really good investigative work will eventually reveal what the connection might be.
I will be a dollar to a donut this was planned, and either a murder for hire. I too have my suspicions on who, but like you won't throw it out there. Will be interesting to see if they pan out and are the same.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Keith B wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Daddio-on-patio wrote:

I will be a dollar to a donut this was planned, and either a murder for hire. I too have my suspicions on who, but like you won't throw it out there. Will be interesting to see if they pan out and are the same.
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they do turn out to be the same.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Ok after reading the above comments, watching the news in the case, if the perp is a woman and after watching the husbands interview, I think this is a "love triangle" my 2 cents
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Here's a news update on the investigation.
Excaliber

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Thanks for posting an update.

It is a bit strange that this murder happened right when her husband was on a "long planned" fishing trip. It does lead me to believe that killer knew Mrs. Bevers.
Also, if the person had a gun but used a blunt object to commit this crime, it makes me think even more that this was personal.

Tragic case either way.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”