Target suing man who saved girls life

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Javier730
Posts in topic: 5

Target suing man who saved girls life

Post by Javier730 »

Just another reason I wont go to Target. :mad5
http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/19/thi ... im-for-it/
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

Post by Pariah3j »

I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

JoCannonIV

Post by JoCannonIV »

What is wrong with these people? Are they trying to bankrupt the company? I will not be going to a Target store in the future, there is no way I could support a business that has these type of policies.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... g-lawsuit/

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

It felt like there was a lot missing from the article, this really shouldnt be news.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Mike S wrote:As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

If I'm following this correctly, I'm curious to what street justice you're referring to? It sounds to me like the "hero" caused the mentally ill person to irrationally attack the girl and that wouldn't have happened if the "hero" hadn't come after him first.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

The other part is I think the girl's family is suing Target for failing to provide security or something. Target is countersuing the 3 men claiming they are liable. The girl's family is the one forcing Target to sue the men since they do have some responsibility in this mess. At least that is what I got from reading links earlier.

Topic author
Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

C-dub wrote:
Mike S wrote:As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

If I'm following this correctly, I'm curious to what street justice you're referring to? It sounds to me like the "hero" caused the mentally ill person to irrationally attack the girl and that wouldn't have happened if the "hero" hadn't come after him first.
Im just glad the guy was there to stop it even if he might have escalated it. I hate to think of the outcome if this ill man had got into an altercation with someone else and no one was there to stop it if he chose to attack a child.
― Horace Mann

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

C-dub wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have the same take on this (...I think...) as you; the (so called) "hero" & his three friends (one in car with him; the other two chased the homeless guy towards the Target store) were no longer in jeopardy (assuming that the mentally ill homeless guy randomly attacked them originally, without provocation). This is the street justice i was implying. It's convenient that The Federalist article left out these details, but had the column space to relate this with Target's employee restroom policy.
Last edited by Mike S on Fri May 20, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

C-dub wrote:The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
:iagree: but that guy was a ticking time bomb. I believe we would of heard something about him in the future had this incident not occurred.
― Horace Mann

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

Pariah3j wrote:I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
From 84 to 68 in last 30 days. DJI is down slightly over same period. So they are underperforming significantly.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Javier730 wrote:
C-dub wrote:The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
:iagree: but that guy was a ticking time bomb. I believe we would of heard something about him in the future had this incident not occurred.
Of that, there's a high probability.

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

sbrawley wrote:
Solaris wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
From 84 to 68 in last 30 days. DJI is down slightly over same period. So they are underperforming significantly.
Oddly, the S.O. and I were watching a television show on Hulu and at every commercial break, 2 out of the 3 commercials were for Target. Coincidence? :headscratch I think not!
Yeah, not all advertising has its desired effect. They ran a non-English commercial several times during "Nashville" last week which was the final nail in their coffin for wife. She cut up her target card at that moment and swore she would never set foot in that store again.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”