Shooting at FLL today

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shooting at FLL today

Post by Dave2 »

TreyHouston wrote:PS are you kidding?? If I came in on the tail end of this situation, you would have to be a fool to reveal that you have a firearm locked inside your luggage. No one would "hear" you and if they did, the chance they would misunderstand you would be VERY HIGH! Just follow orders and try not to over complicate the issue. :???:
[Thread Drift]There's no need for you to reveal it... the ticket agents do that for you now by putting "very important luggage" (or some other phrase to indicate there's something worth stealing in there) tags on bags that contain checked firearms. At some airlines/airports, anyway... there was a thread about it either here or at sigforum.com a while ago.[/Thread Drift]
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

CBS news, via Breitbart, reporting that shooter had prior contact with FBI and claimed some affiliation with isis.
They also have video posted of the weapon.
Tried to copy and paste link, but could not.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Pawpaw wrote:
allisji wrote:
RossA wrote:Hard to believe that 3 states require open carry in terminals. That must raise a few eyebrows.
yeah what about all of the liberal "modern men" who have no need to own a gun? What do they openly carry?
Their purse?
:rolll Thats just funny rat thar!!
Just some guy's opinion.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Pawpaw wrote:
allisji wrote:
RossA wrote:Hard to believe that 3 states require open carry in terminals. That must raise a few eyebrows.
yeah what about all of the liberal "modern men" who have no need to own a gun? What do they openly carry?
Their purse?
They open carry their feelings.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

Pawpaw wrote:
allisji wrote:
Their purse?
"rlol"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

flowrie wrote:CBS news, via Breitbart, reporting that shooter had prior contact with FBI and claimed some affiliation with isis.
They also have video posted of the weapon.
Tried to copy and paste link, but could not.
FLL Gun.png
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shots-fired ... e-airport/

In Nov. 2016, Santiago-Ruiz walked into an FBI office in Anchorage and claimed he was being forced to fight for ISIS, law enforcement sources told CBS News. He was sent to a psychiatric hospital after police were called, sources said.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I, too, was surprised by that, but the validity of that map has not been verified. I posted it based on a question about the legality of CC in the unsecure area of an airport in FL and a search I did quickly. It seemed legit, but another member noticed a conflict with NC and their knowledge of NC law on the issue. So, who knows?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/817480717466816512
@AirCanada 2h2 hours ago

@CTVToronto We confirm that we have no record of such a passenger by that name, or checked guns, on any of our flights to Fort Lauderdale.
https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/817500898985476097
‏@AirCanada 24m24 minutes ago

@CNN @wolfblitzer @CNNSitRoom Pls correct reports. We confirm no record of Esteban Santiago, or checked guns, on any of our FLL flights.
https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/817484691783684097
@AirCanada

We confirm we have no record of a passenger by the name Esteban Santiago, or checked guns, on any of our flights to Fort Lauderdale #FLL 5/5
https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/817488694202470401
Air Canada ‏@AirCanada 1h1 hour ago

Nous confirmons pas de dossier passager Esteban Santiago, pas d’arme enregistrée, à bord des vols #FLL 5/5
https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/817483705094733824
@AirCanada 2h2 hours ago

Thankfully all our customers and employees at #FLL are reported accounted for and safe. 2/5

apvonkanel

Post by apvonkanel »

He was coming from AK, so while it crossed OVER international territory there was no international touchdown, keeping it a US domestic flight. Similar to as if they flew out into international waters from NY to FL.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

Ahhh ok Delta from Alaska ... AK
Terminal 2 is the main Delta terminal at FLL

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

Dave2 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:PS are you kidding?? If I came in on the tail end of this situation, you would have to be a fool to reveal that you have a firearm locked inside your luggage. No one would "hear" you and if they did, the chance they would misunderstand you would be VERY HIGH! Just follow orders and try not to over complicate the issue. :???:
[Thread Drift]There's no need for you to reveal it... the ticket agents do that for you now by putting "very important luggage" (or some other phrase to indicate there's something worth stealing in there) tags on bags that contain checked firearms. At some airlines/airports, anyway... there was a thread about it either here or at sigforum.com a while ago.[/Thread Drift]

HAHAHHA thats true!!! :lol:: You would have gotten some attention in that location today!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

How long before the gun grabbers want to ban transporting guns inside checked luggage? I don't think that would even require a law.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

Lynyrd wrote:How long before the gun grabbers want to ban transporting guns inside checked luggage? I don't think that would even require a law.
The airlines could probably get together and do it themselves with no law.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Suspect Esteban Santiago Had Alleged Ties to Islamic State

http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2 ... g.html?m=1
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Just a "lone gunman". Nothing to see here. Move along folks. Now, let's go push for more gun restrictions.

Liberal slime. I wonder why Jeh Johnson, that rat, is still employed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2554152/f ... t-updates/

Return to “The Crime Blotter”