IN: Your Defensive Driving Lesson of the Week. With shots fired.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

IN: Your Defensive Driving Lesson of the Week. With shots fired.

Post by ELB »

So you have this Garmin GPS with included dash camera, and you're driving along MYOB, and... (see vid at link to newstory)

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/exc ... al-dashcam
USAF 1982-2005

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IN: Your Defensive Driving Lesson of the Week. With shots fired.

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Looks like he needs to sight that pistol in!

They should be able to get the Lic plate off that video? Did you notice the TV reporter called it an "automatic weapon"?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Bitter Clinger wrote:... Did you notice the TV reporter called it an "automatic weapon"?
I know. :roll:

I'm re-reading a book on the terrorist attack on Mumbai in 2011. It is a pretty good read, well done I think, but the authors too have some problems with his firearms features, altho this time with a twist: they repeatedly refer to what are clearly real automatic rifles, the Kalashnikovs used by the terroists, as "semi-automatics." They also refer to the police's lack of "semi-automatics" when it appears they also mean actual automatic weapons. (Altho for long arms the cops mostly had bolt-action rifles, so possibly not, but they never use the terms "automatic" or "select fire.") Since they do this repeatedly, I'm guessing their editors had no clue either.

Anyway in event I linked above, note that woman mentioned in the video that she couldn't move because "of the car ahead." Leave room to maneuver when you stop is a good idea. I think if I had been the guy with the dash cam I would have been U-turning out of there pronto. Not only was he close to the initial shooting, but when the shooter's vehicle (much nicer than what I drive!) was pulling away, the angle between shooter and dashcam got very narrow, big risk for the dashcam vehicle taking some rounds too.
USAF 1982-2005

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Not Indiana, Kansas City.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

"Editor's note: A previous version of this story described the gun used in the shooting as an "automatic weapon." The gun is believed to be a semi-automatic weapon. The story has been updated."

That was not a drive by shooting. It was an execution. All fire concentrated on the driver.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Return to “The Crime Blotter”