POLICE: Good Samaritan stops robbery at Cumberland Park mall

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Re: POLICE: Good Samaritan stops robbery at Cumberland Park mall

Post by ELB »

Interesting.

Other reports indicate that Boening has subsequently been charged with aggravated robbery. I don't know if that is in addition to, or in place of, the aggravated assault charge.

http://www.cityoftyler.org/tabid/1554/c ... fault.aspx
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Good, I hope they both get plenty of time behind bars. Their plan fell apart when they didn't realize that LTC holders can and will step up.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Bad guy stayed down. Smarter than he looks. What would the LTC guys do though if BG gets up and runs away? That is what I worry about when LTC holder starts acting like LEO. Glad it worked out like it did.

ELB

Post by ELB »

rotor wrote:...What would the LTC guys do though if BG gets up and runs away? ....
As long as it is "away," let him go. ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

rotor wrote:Bad guy stayed down. Smarter than he looks. What would the LTC guys do though if BG gets up and runs away? That is what I worry about when LTC holder starts acting like LEO. Glad it worked out like it did.
It's a bluff. He got the guy to stop. If the guy gets up and bolts, so be it. Nothing says one has to pull the trigger once the gun it's pulled.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
rotor wrote:Bad guy stayed down. Smarter than he looks. What would the LTC guys do though if BG gets up and runs away? That is what I worry about when LTC holder starts acting like LEO. Glad it worked out like it did.
It's a bluff. He got the guy to stop. If the guy gets up and bolts, so be it. Nothing says one has to pull the trigger once the gun it's pulled.

:iagree:

Guy running away, is not a threat. LTC holders were unaware that the woman helped set up the victim. But obviously the "brains" behind the scheme didn't know the rules regarding deadly force, and decided to give up rather than take a chance. It may be unChristian of me, but based on his record, if he had been shot during the commission of this crime, I probably wouldn't have lost much sleep.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ELB

Post by ELB »

Continuing my look into "Whatever happened to..."

Chad Allen Boening is a guest of the Hutchins facility of the TDCJ. Fifteen year sentence for aggravated robbery.
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offende ... d=05625036

I can find no info on his co-conspirator Jamie Hardy except that both were indicted for agg robb last March, although her bond was set much lower than his. Her name does not appear as a guest of the TDCJ, and google doesn't bring much either.
http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local ... rland-park

I hope she did not skate on this, she's as guilty as he was for this crime.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”