IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by Excaliber »

The suspect's selfie in this article doesn't quite jive with his acquaintances' descriptions of him as quiet and timid.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by Excaliber »

Excaliber wrote:The suspect's selfie in this article doesn't quite jibe with his acquaintances' descriptions of him as quiet and timid.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Do we know what caused the shooter to lose control of the car?
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Excaliber wrote:[The suspect's selfie in this article doesn't quite jibe with his acquaintances' descriptions of him as quiet and timid.
Quote yourself often? :lol: :mrgreen:
dlh wrote:Do we know what caused the shooter to lose control of the car?
Quoting the article linked above:
The car is believed to have flipped over after striking the center median at a high rate of speed near Madison Avenue and Maynard Drive.

........SNIP.........

Brown faces preliminary charges of murder and marijuana possession.
So maybe he was high and going too fast.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Excaliber wrote:The suspect's selfie in this article doesn't quite jibe with his acquaintances' descriptions of him as quiet and timid.
Quote yourself often? :lol: :mrgreen:
dlh wrote:Do we know what caused the shooter to lose control of the car?
Quoting the article linked above:
The car is believed to have flipped over after striking the center median at a high rate of speed near Madison Avenue and Maynard Drive.

........SNIP.........

Brown faces preliminary charges of murder and marijuana possession.
So maybe he was high and going too fast.
Yep.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Brain trama is very unlikely to have such a quick onset. Being scared or parinoid due to drug use is much more likely.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Excaliber wrote:
Sure doesn't. People should be careful what they post on the internet.
NRA Endowment Member

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DevilDawg »

I would like to believe a board full of pro-gun types would give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Did the officer deserve to be shot and killed, of course not.

I admit I am a bit taken aback that we even consider DailyMail a news source. Seriously? A U.K. No gun news source to draw conclusions? Look, the full story and actual facts will come out, and on the face of it something went horribly wrong in Jason Brown's head. However posing with guns, having tattoos and skateboarding aren't factual indicators of being a card carrying BLM member.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

DevilDawg wrote:I would like to believe a board full of pro-gun types would give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Did the officer deserve to be shot and killed, of course not.

I admit I am a bit taken aback that we even consider DailyMail a news source. Seriously? A U.K. No gun news source to draw conclusions? Look, the full story and actual facts will come out, and on the face of it something went horribly wrong in Jason Brown's head. However posing with guns, having tattoos and skateboarding aren't factual indicators of being a card carrying BLM member.
What about the New York Post, New York Times, ABC News, Fox News as sources.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

DevilDawg wrote:I would like to believe a board full of pro-gun types would give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Did the officer deserve to be shot and killed, of course not.

I haven't drawn any conclusions at all. I answered a question with a "maybe xyz?", based on the content of an article someone else posted a link to. I also pronounced the whole thing a sad story in my original post.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Quote yourself often? :lol: :mrgreen:
:oops: Only when I over edit a post before submitting, or when I write something so extraordinarily brilliant I impress myself.

The latter doesn't happen often, and helps explain why it's quite unusual to see the self quotes. :lol:
Excaliber

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DevilDawg »

WTR wrote:What about the New York Post, New York Times, ABC News, Fox News as sources.
NYPost and Fox are the only sources not pushing anti-gun with every bi-line, however most I was able to track down based it off the same AP source. None of these can truly qualify as a news source merely Opinion pieces with prime time coverage.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

There is something missing in the reports. The civilian does NOT fit the mold for someone who would be shooting at an officer coming to help.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:There is something missing in the reports. The civilian does NOT fit the mold for someone who would be shooting at an officer coming to help.
That assumes that the very limited descriptions of the suspect are accurate. The "quiet" and "timid" labels may lack some credibility - sort of like how the neighbors usually describe mass murderers: "He seemed like such a nice guy."

This guy's selfie picture strongly suggests there's a whole lot more to his backstory. Just consider: what kind of friends would be favorably impressed with that picture?
Excaliber

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

It's interesting to me this incident will not slow legalization of marijuana but it may provide a little fuel for those wishing to criminalize 2nd amendment rights.

I'm so out of step with the world.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”