ER nurse illegally detained?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ER nurse illegally detained?

Post by SewTexas »

chasfm11 wrote:
Jusme wrote:]

I can't verify it, but from the quotes, and reports, it sounds like the CO was also suspended.

This was definitely a case of, "because I said so" , rather than any justifiable action, on the part of the officers involved. I know the police chief, is being as tactful as possible, and not publicly condemning the actions of his officers, but, with the backlash, and the obviously unjustified actions, I would lean toward their firing. The only issue I have with the investigations, is that an outside agency, should be doing it, like here in Texas, the DPS, will often take over the investigation, of officer misconduct, if, for no other reason, than to remove the cloud of impropriety. JMHO

Edit to add: This investigation, should not have taken a month to complete, they had the body cam video, they had the witnesses, who could give statements, and they have a legal team, to sort out what, if any authority, the officer(s) may have had for their actions. Instead, they sat on it, and took no action, until the video, went public. It looks a whole lot like they were hoping, it would just go away, without anything being done.
I hope that you can see this link. I tried to get a non-Facebook version but couldn't locate one.

There is body cam video of the Lieutenant that, for me, calls into question is continued certification as a police officer. I realize that the host of the show on the video could have cherry picked the comments and taken them out of context but they seem pretty clear to me.

https://www.facebook.com/DeFrancoNation ... 773349407/
Philip DeFranco has a youtube channel, but sometimes when he does these single subject videos they are just on FB. My daughter loves him. He's a good guy....and, no, I don't agree with him on all things, he's a Californian. ;) (He pretty much leaves all of the comments up. )
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Officer who arrested Utah nurse fired from paramedic job
A police officer who was caught on video forcefully arresting a Utah nurse for refusing to allow law enforcement to draw a blood sample from a patient has been fired from his part-time job as a paramedic, according to The Associated Press.

The ambulance company's president said Tuesday that Detective Jeff Payne was fired after a video of him surfaced in which he said he would retaliate against the nurse, the AP reported.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 1911 10MM »

Flightmare wrote:Officer who arrested Utah nurse fired from paramedic job
A police officer who was caught on video forcefully arresting a Utah nurse for refusing to allow law enforcement to draw a blood sample from a patient has been fired from his part-time job as a paramedic, according to The Associated Press.

The ambulance company's president said Tuesday that Detective Jeff Payne was fired after a video of him surfaced in which he said he would retaliate against the nurse, the AP reported.

At least the paramedic company gets it! Let's hope the police department follows.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I think it was the threats that he would send only the indigent to the hospital was the clincher. It's nice to see at least some part of his life crumble.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

[http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3 ... -to-nurses
Hospital has stopped cops from interacting with medical staff. That will now be handled by hospital administrative personnel only. Actions have consequences.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Update.

SLC DA requests FBI investigation for criminal acts and criminal violation of civil rights.

http://knuckledraggin.com/2017/09/salt- ... estigation
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

anygunanywhere wrote:Update.

SLC DA requests FBI investigation for criminal acts and criminal violation of civil rights.

Good. Hope that fascist suffers the same fate us mere citizens would if we acted in such manner. I'd lose my EMS credentials, lose my FF certification, my job, ton of money and likely my freedom as well.
Last edited by parabelum on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

anygunanywhere wrote:Update.

fantastic
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 10

Post by aaangel »

all this time, and the bullies has not been fired! :mad5 and if you're under a fbi investigation , are you still allowed to work as a cop. oh wait, scratch that question, heck you can still run for president!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

aaangel wrote:all this time, and the bullies has not been fired! :mad5 and if you're under a fbi investigation , are you still allowed to work as a cop. oh wait, scratch that question, heck you can still run for president!
And there's a whole bunch of certain type folks that will vote for you too. But, I digress ...
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

and you can go on a book tour and become a bestseller. sorry i had too....but thats the last. now return to our regular program lol!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

aaangel wrote:and you can go on a book tour and become a bestseller. sorry i had too....but thats the last. now return to our regular program lol!
Which of her books was a "best seller?" I seem to remember her last one bombing terribly.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

"'what happened" is currently #6 on amazon charts.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

The detective has been fired.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

roadkill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by roadkill »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:The detective has been fired.
From the EMT job and PD? I know he was let go of from the EMT position.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”