Parents of robber claims good Samaritan used excessive force

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parents of robber claims good Samaritan used excessive force

Post by bblhd672 »

treadlightly wrote:
The problem for me is I would want to give the guy a chance. "Drop your weapons," something like that, which would make me a target and give the bad guy a nice "shooter ready" warning to take care of (his) business.
As an older man my warning would be moments before the chair made contact. The second warning would be moments before the second contact of the chair.

The perp was lucky the gentleman wasn't carrying a sturdy walking stick.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:I think the lesson to be learned here is, "Don't underestimate old guys!"

:tiphat:
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too tired, he'll just hafta kill ya.
If the old man in this story had been carrying....... But, it was in Komifornia.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

And I'm not getting any younger.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ELB

Post by ELB »

I think it's just (immature) parents blowing off steam because they can't really accept the fact that their little precious boy is a thug. It's a variation on "He's a good boy", "This is not the boy we know", "He was just turning his life around" etc.
USAF 1982-2005

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

flechero wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:Pretty sad to keep hearing stories like this but I'd say California, Starbucks, no gun present, the robbers knife was used, ... says it all.
It was on today's noon news- with video. The perp had a gun and a knife and the good samaritan was a senior citizen... Thankfully it worked out ok! I enjoyed watching that 20 something punk get his back end beat by an elderly gentleman! The perp's mother was interviewed and said "the good samaritan turned vigiante- after he stabbed my son once or twice he crossed the line"

The lawyer they had on for comment said that even in CA the lawsuit has no chance. I hope he's right.
The good guy did not have a gun but the bad guy did, he is surely a brave guy and I can imagine what he went through.
If there is a lawsuit against the good guy it would be shameful. But I guess anything is possible in California. We'll see what happens.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

ELB

Post by ELB »

A follow-up:

Starbucks Robber was convicted by jury of attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon on 14 Nov 17, making him eligible for up to five years eight months of the state's hospitality. The jury did not find that he inflicted great bodily harm on the Good Samaritan, who was stabbed in the neck and needed seven staples to close the wound. Such a finding could have added three years to the sentence.

Starbucks Robber's defense at trial was, slightly paraphrasing, "Yeah I meant to rob the place but Good Samaritan attacked ME, I was just trying to leave. Self Defense, man!"

Starbucks Robber still wants to sue Good Samaritan because GS stabbed him 17 times, as well as conking him with a chair. The lawyer for Starbucks Robber noted that the conviction "...could complicate any plans to sue."

Also, the Fresno and Madera Counties Police Chiefs' Association honored Good Samaritan as a hero.
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/cri ... 50348.html
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”