Antioch Church mass shooting today stopped by Licensee

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 6

Antioch Church mass shooting today stopped by Licensee

Post by NotRPB »

Topic author
NotRPB

Re: Antioch Church mass shooting today stopped by Licensee

Post by NotRPB »

Masked shooter shot 7 others, was confronted by licensee with gun, shot himself, same as at Lubys/Virginia Tech & numerous other instances #ArmedCitizen

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Tennessee allows carry in church. Had the man been armed, and not had it in his car, it would probably have saved others from being shot.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Keith B wrote:Tennessee allows carry in church. Had the man been armed, and not had it in his car, it would probably have saved others from being shot.
True, Tenn, like Texas allows church carry (unless church itself prohibits)
Probably would have been fewer casualties if he had it on body instead of in car

(also sorry for my accidental duplicate posts, I'm in Firefox and Opera and Chrome simultaneously and I confuse easily at my age)

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Carry when/wherever legal unless you can always guess right.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Keith B wrote:Tennessee allows carry in church. Had the man been armed, and not had it in his car, it would probably have saved others from being shot.
He still kept others from being shot! I'm just amazed that 1. he wasn't shot when he confronted the shooter and 2. that he didn't shoot him upon returning w/ his gun.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

flechero wrote:
He still kept others from being shot! I'm just amazed that 1. he wasn't shot when he confronted the shooter and 2. that he didn't shoot him upon returning w/ his gun.
It was reported the gunman had already shot himself when the guy returned with the gun. Will guess the gunman may have been no longer a threat and was held until police arrived by the armed individual.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My thought would be that since he has already proven he will shoot innocent people, the instant I got him in my sights I would have shot him him down!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

crazy2medic wrote:My thought would be that since he has already proven he will shoot innocent people, the instant I got him in my sights I would have shot him him down!
And if the guy was already down and no longer a threat, then shooting him would probably be considered murder. It happened to a pharmacist in Oklahoma who 'finished off' a perp. He was sentenced to life in prison http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43710936/ns/u ... cgWE8iGO00
Keith

flechero

Post by flechero »

Keith B wrote:
flechero wrote:
It was reported the gunman had already shot himself when the guy returned with the gun. Will guess the gunman may have been no longer a threat and was held until police arrived by the armed individual.
Ahh... the report I read said gunman shot himself when confronted by the armed citizen.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

flechero wrote:
Keith B wrote:
flechero wrote:
Ahh... the report I read said gunman shot himself when confronted by the armed citizen.
Video below: Police said gunman was shot when armed guy returned, confronted him physically & "during that confrontation" In another place I heard while struggling with armed citizen, unknown if accidental or on purpose

42 people attended church there today
gunman had 2 guns
unknown if both guns used reloaded etc yet
Last edited by NotRPB on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Keith B wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:My thought would be that since he has already proven he will shoot innocent people, the instant I got him in my sights I would have shot him him down!
And if the guy was already down and no longer a threat, then shooting him would probably be considered murder. It happened to a pharmacist in Oklahoma who 'finished off' a perp. He was sentenced to life in prison http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43710936/ns/u ... cgWE8iGO00
Kinda hard to shoot somebody down that's already down, that would be a coup de grace, never said that!
Active shooter gets no chance to shoot anybody else the least of all me!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:Carry when/wherever legal unless you can always guess right.
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Radio news report mentioned a lot about the crime, but missed that the Hero was armed.

Also failed to mention the BG was an immigrant from a predominately Non Christian country.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “The Crime Blotter”