No place but Baltimore MD

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 43

No place but Baltimore MD

Post by philip964 »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/3 ... er-harbor/

A large group of teens attacked a family of 10 who had come to Baltimore's Inner Harbor (apparently a touristy area) to watch the Marathon there. From grandparents to children the family was attacked.

Police said the attack happened very quickly and that the police were on the scene quickly. The Police said they would need a policeman on every corner to stop this sort of quick random attack. They said it is always large groups of teens who do this sort of thing. The father of the group was knocked out first, then they began preying on the weaker members of the family. Apparently this is not an isolated event as other examples are given of groups of teens doing this sort of thing.

Maryland is a "may" issue state and has restrictive gun laws.

No description of the teens was given. Even if found their identities will be protected as they are juveniles.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MD:Family of 10 attacked by group of teens in Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Post by flechero »

The detective interviewed said [very non-nonchalantly] even if there was a cop on every corner we couldn't stop it...

so we should accept beatings at the whims of gangs? I bet after the first couple shots and first gang member or two hit the deck, the rest would have run. Since this is a documented problem in that city and in that area, they ought to sue the city. If enough people sued them, something would change.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote:The detective interviewed said [very non-nonchalantly] even if there was a cop on every corner we couldn't stop it...

so we should accept beatings at the whims of gangs? I bet after the first couple shots and first gang member or two hit the deck, the rest would have run. Since this is a documented problem in that city and in that area, they ought to sue the city. If enough people sued them, something would change.
Since this is a "may issue" state, can't this example, and especially the detective's quote, be used as a prime example of just why one has a need to carry a gun?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

flechero wrote:The detective interviewed said [very non-nonchalantly] even if there was a cop on every corner we couldn't stop it...

People need to wake up and pay attention, do a little research about safety and security. Quit going to places like Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, etc that have uncontrolled gangs of youth waging war against innocent people. Only through loss of tourism revenue will cities decide to take the steps needed to curtail these criminal assaults.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

howdy

Post by howdy »

bblhd672 wrote:

People need to wake up and pay attention, do a little research about safety and security. Quit going to places like Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, etc that have uncontrolled gangs of youth waging war against innocent people. Only through loss of tourism revenue will cities decide to take the steps needed to curtail these criminal assaults.

Big difference between Chicago, Baltimore and Houston. I have not heard
of roving gangs picking on people in Houston. It would not be conducive to long life here.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

flechero

Post by flechero »

Baltimore logic: well since no one got killed, the absence of a gun saved lives of the children, who "are just about the turn their lives around!"

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Big diff in Chicago as well. I just got back from a week in Cook county and carried everywhere 24/7 (TX resident with a non-res IL CCL). Of course my business did not take me to statutorily prohibited places. Lots of IL folks getting there CCLs, and they have a very active forum similar to this one. IL is where we were 15 years ago.

No hopes for Baltimore - MD politics is some of the most crooked in the country.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/3 ... r-attacks/

Baltimore Inner Harbor claims another victim to random unprovoked attacks by roving gangs of teens.

Not sure if young man is permanently blinded or its just the area around the eye being swollen shut.

First victim is hit in the head from behind.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/video/cat ... ight-year/

Murders top 300. 3 murders in two hours.

And a third unprovoked attack to a young woman in the inner harbor, this time with a baseball bat.

Welcome to may issue America.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/video/cat ... ight-year/

Murders top 300. 3 murders in two hours.

And a third unprovoked attack to a young woman in the inner harbor, this time with a baseball bat.

Welcome to may issue America.
A Message from Mayor Catherine E. Pugh

Baltimore, I want you to know how much I truly enjoy being your mayor! In just a couple short months we have accomplished a great deal. With your help and participation, I can see and feel this City moving forward.

My Cabinet and I go on regular bus tours throughout the City so they can see what I see and fix problems right away. We are setting a new tone and establishing a healthy working relationship between citizens and police officers so that we take control of what happens in our neighborhoods.
Perhaps the Mayor and her cabinet need to take evening strolls in the Inner Harbor area, without police providing a cordon of protection, to get a real feel for what happens in her neighborhoods.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinio ... story.html

Everyone is leaving Baltimore.

How's that Freddy Gray thing working out for them?

District Attorney have any regrets?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Baltimore = Scuzbucket city - Stay out of...of course it's just one of many to stay out of...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... story.html

Baltimore restaurants close. Changing tastes?

Or is it that Baltimore suburbanites refuse to come into the city now, due to crime?

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they addressed violent crime as one of the big factors.

Topic author
philip964

Re: No place but Baltimore MD

Post by philip964 »

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/12/ ... baltimore/

Woman stabbed to death after rolling window down to give money to a woman with a sign that said can’t feed my baby.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”