MI:Former Marine charged with assault with attempt to murder after defending his family

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MI:Former Marine charged with assault with attempt to murder after defending his family

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SewTexas wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:So, here is my next question: the man who initiated the crime, and reportedly fired first, who is he related to?
the way I read it, the one who started it all is the boyfriend of a friend. It reads like he arrived later, as she was "leaving the party".
Well, I was wondering if the guy who showed up (ex-boyfriend?) is related to someone important in the area, so that he gets a pass even though he started it.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MI:Former Marine charged with assault with attempt to murder after defending his family

Post by BBYC »

Have we heard from any side other than the father of the suspect who was minding his own business, turning his life around, victim of the system?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:So, here is my next question: the man who initiated the crime, and reportedly fired first, who is he related to?
the way I read it, the one who started it all is the boyfriend of a friend. It reads like he arrived later, as she was "leaving the party".
Well, I was wondering if the guy who showed up (ex-boyfriend?) is related to someone important in the area, so that he gets a pass even though he started it.
I heard of another case where the defense lawyer figured the other person was an informant for someone in law enforcement as they tried to throw the book at his client, but let the other guy off with minor penalties (his client was acquitted by a ticked off jury).

We have very little information so it is all speculation at this point.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 2

Post by montgomery »

Seeings how there is no such thing as a former Marine, I would consider this to be fake news.

:txflag:

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Former Marine would be the correct way to phrase it, Ex Marine is the misnomer.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

montgomery
Posts in topic: 2

Post by montgomery »

oohrah wrote:Another report I saw on a different forum said the guy was "fleeing" when he was shot. If true, the shooter did not have justification.
Especially in Michigan. Unless the threat is immediate and imminent and within 21 feet and the firearm is the last resort, then this guy has a tough road to hoe in that state. In fact, in Michigan, one cannot shoot an intruder that is there just to steal property. What is within the letter of the law in Texas will get you life behind bars in Michigan.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Tough row to hoe. One does not hoe roads.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

If you're on a road gang, you hoe the bar ditch next to the road..... :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Nutcracker

Post by Nutcracker »

OlBill wrote:Tough row to hoe. One does not hoe roads.
In some neighborhoods they do.

Ho, Ho! Hey, Hey!
Kavanaugh is here to stay!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Eh Huh?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”