TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/robb ... icials-say

I think we need to understand the extent of the depravity of the bad guys.

On the other hand to those pink hat ladies, this is no big deal, as it's not a baby, it's a choice.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

Post by Abraham »

C'mon, pinky hat wearing leftists unreality is more important than...anything.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

LDB415 wrote:The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This happened over a month ago and they're just now putting out the word?!?!?! :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

jason812 wrote:This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
Or publicly enough. I may be wrong (I frequently am) but who, these days, is afraid of lethal injection (at least until the time actually comes). Execution used to be a public event in order to attempt to dissuade would-be-bad-guys from their actions. It was public for a reason.

But at the same time, I recognize that there need to be significant safeguards that would prevent the innocent from going to the gallows. Far too many people in recent years have been exonerated by DNA evidence after having spent years in prison or death row.

An interesting conundrum.

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer... - Benjamin Franklin

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

RottenApple wrote:
jason812 wrote:This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
Or publicly enough. I may be wrong (I frequently am) but who, these days, is afraid of lethal injection (at least until the time actually comes). Execution used to be a public event in order to attempt to dissuade would-be-bad-guys from their actions. It was public for a reason.

But at the same time, I recognize that there need to be significant safeguards that would prevent the innocent from going to the gallows. Far too many people in recent years have been exonerated by DNA evidence after having spent years in prison or death row.

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer... - Benjamin Franklin
Public hanging is a better deterrent. Also avoids the complications associated with drugs and avoids the medical ethics problems.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Capital punishment should require DNA proof confirmed by 2 independent labs. Then it's to the gallows in front of the courthouse square in the county where the crime was committed. Hung Saturday noon and removed Monday 8 a.m. That should deter most.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

From what I saw on the news, teenage punks!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Lethal injection doesn't sound like a bad way to go.

Hanging? Egad!!

Electric Chair? Holy smokes!!

Firing Squad? Sounds painful!!

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

LDB415 wrote:The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
Not sure why it makes a difference where they point it. Stomach, heart, head, uterus, etc. All deadly force.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Abraham wrote:Lethal injection doesn't sound like a bad way to go.

Hanging? Egad!!

Electric Chair? Holy smokes!!

Firing Squad? Sounds painful!!
I believe the firing squad should make a comeback. It is quick and cheap! 7-10 guns, all blanks but one.

“Sounds painful!!”??? If sure if their victims might argue that one IF they are still alive.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rotor

Post by rotor »

RottenApple wrote:

If you have had general anesthesia for surgery (count backwards from 100 and lucky if you hit 99) then you know firsthand what lethal injection is like. The difference of course is that you most likely have been kept alive by the anesthesia person after your "lethal injection".

I used to be strongly for capital punishment but we have seen too many people released from prison because of DNA evidence and now would reserve it for only those that we can be 100% certain about such as the recent illegal that killed 2 LEO and bragged that he wanted to kill more.

Finally, I agree that the death penalty should be firing squad or public hanging. Perhaps than it would be a deterrent. Absolute certainty though that the person is guilty, otherwise prison forever.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”