TX: Houston kidnapping victim accidentally killed by FBI during raid

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Houston kidnapping victim accidentally killed by FBI during raid

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

stroo wrote:Breaks one of the fundamental safety rules - Know your target and what's behind it.

Probably broke another too - keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

That of course assumes that this explanation has any relationship to the truth.
There's another rule violation here too. Use the right tool for the job. Using a rifle as a window breaking tool? Is this like that commercial I keep seeing every time I go to the movies where the space captain loses his keys and can't fight off the alien invaders?

"All hands we're looking for the window breaking tool. I may have left it at the DNC headquarters during our last strategic planning session..."

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Didn't the FBI first say the shooting was accidental, as in AD, not "I accidentally shot the wrong guy?"

Chas.
"Sources say..."

Ok, found the quote in the very first story in OP:
According to sources, FBI agents accidentally shot Valladares.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/fbi- ... st-houston
USAF 1982-2005

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

Booger hook on the bang switch means (a) he meant to fire the gun or (b) he shouldn't be carrying a gun.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:09 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... being-shot

Feds decline to file charges.
Typical protect their own. These are same clowns who want to regulate our second amendment rights.

ELB

Post by ELB »

After Wednesday's announcement that no federal charges would be filed, the Harris County DA's Office said it would present the matter to a local grand jury to determine if state criminal charges are warranted. Its civil rights division is also reviewing the case.
Maybe after the Goines fiasco the GJ might be less likely to give a pass.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:09 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... being-shot

Feds decline to file charges.
Lon Horiuchi Is laughing and agreeing with the decision. The FBI is above the law.

narcissist

Re: TX: Houston kidnapping victim may have been killed by FBI during raid

Post by narcissist »

stroo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:46 pm Felony murder - all of the kidnappers can now be charged with murder.
OK i agree with that but didn't the FBI shoot and kill the kidnapped victim? Shouldn't they be charged as well?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

stroo

Post by stroo »

Nope, FBI was acting under color of law not as lawbreaker.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

At least all the fibs went home safe at the end of shift.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ELB

Post by ELB »

One of the kidnappers pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and received a life sentence, eligible for parole after 30 years:
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 395336.php

This article was published last month before the US Attorney announced he would not be filing any charges against FBI.

The article quotes earlier statements:
Authorities later explained that the agent was using his M-4 submachine gun to break a window at the back of the home, and that Valladares — who was bound and gagged inside — grabbed the gun. Thinking a kidnapper was attempting to wrest the rifle away from him, the agent fired two shots, killing Valladares, authorities said.

Both the FBI and the Houston Police Department investigated the shooting. The case drew national attention after Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said in October that his investigators believed the agent’s claims after the shooting were “not supported” by “the totality of the evidence and statements in this investigation.”
This circle had not yet been squared.

Since the Harris County Grand Jury is still looking into this, I doubt anyone will release any new info unless it no-bills. If then.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

ELB wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am One of the kidnappers pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and received a life sentence, eligible for parole after 30 years:
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 395336.php

This article was published last month before the US Attorney announced he would not be filing any charges against FBI.

The article quotes earlier statements:
Authorities later explained that the agent was using his M-4 submachine gun to break a window at the back of the home, and that Valladares — who was bound and gagged inside — grabbed the gun. Thinking a kidnapper was attempting to wrest the rifle away from him, the agent fired two shots, killing Valladares, authorities said.

Both the FBI and the Houston Police Department investigated the shooting. The case drew national attention after Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said in October that his investigators believed the agent’s claims after the shooting were “not supported” by “the totality of the evidence and statements in this investigation.”
This circle had not yet been squared.

Since the Harris County Grand Jury is still looking into this, I doubt anyone will release any new info unless it no-bills. If then.
Doesn’t matter...the state/local charges against the FBI won’t stand just like Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”