FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 92

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Post by philip964 »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

School District now stonewalling.

Yeah its a gun problem.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

School District now stonewalling.

Yeah its a gun problem.
Facing significant legal and political exposure over the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the district has tried to keep information from the public and put out untrue and misleading statements, frustrating parents who say this is the time for maximum transparency.

...“It would appear that the district is more interested in protecting their programs than they are the students and teachers in our schools,” said Ryan Petty, whose 14-year-old daughter, Alaina, was killed by Cruz during his rampage through the school. “As a father, I would ask the district to please be completely transparent so we can make sure this doesn’t happen to any other children in any other schools in Florida.”
WOW!

My guess is that, like Virginia Tech there will be a multi-million dollar settlement
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 6

Post by crazy2medic »

My guess is the shield young punks program is over with in Broward County!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I think both Sheriff Israel and Superintendent Robert Runcie need to go. Runcie is not just an incompetent Superintendent, but an evil man. Israel and Runcie are both avoiding their personal failures at all costs by attacking our God given rights.

Feb 19, 2018:
[Robert Runcie] was thrust into the national spotlight, where he went from being superintendent of the nation’s sixth largest school district to a vocal proponent of stricter gun control laws — and a critic of the lawmakers who he says have “fallen short” when it comes to preventing school shootings.

“This moment is a moment where I feel that the victims’ lives, those that were injured, the community that has been hurt by this, that all of this can’t be in vain,” he said. “We don’t have sensible gun laws or appropriate investments in mental health services. It’s not one or the other. We need both.”

...But Runcie said he doesn’t see the value in blaming the school district, or any other agency, for failing to prevent the tragedy.

Runcie said that if lawmakers don’t pass stricter gun control laws, however, the burden for ensuring it doesn’t happen again may ultimately rest on the shoulders of the Stoneman Douglas High students and the young people around the country who have joined their burgeoning movement. Since Wednesday’s shooting, Broward students have spoken at anti-gun rallies and chanted “No more guns!” at vigils. They have called for national walk-outs and a “March for Our Lives” in Washington, D.C.

“I am more encouraged than I ever would have been previously because our students are on the front line of pushing the change that we need because our generation hasn’t been getting it done,” Runcie said. “Either they’re going to force this generation to get it done for them or they’re going to do it themselves.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... rylink=cpy
Now the truth is out:
The district is fighting in court against the release of school surveillance video. It flatly refused to issue any records regarding the shooting to the news media, in a possible violation of the state’s open-records law. Superintendent Robert Runcie has blocked critics, including parents, from his Twitter account. More than two months after the shooting, a Broward Sheriff’s detective told a state commission on school safety that he was still waiting for the district to provide all of Cruz’s disciplinary records.

The worst came last week, when Runcie acknowledged that his forceful denials that Cruz had been involved in the Promise program, which is intended to provide an alternative to the arrest of students for minor offenses, were wrong. The district had repeatedly dismissed as “fake news” suggestions that Cruz was in the program.
link

Runcie enabled the shooting by preventing law enforcement action against Nikolas Cruz and has done everything in his power to stop the truth from coming out.

Runcie is a con-man taking everyone for fools. Runcie actively manipulated the children under his supervision into providing a smokescreen for his incompetence.

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent towards, or resistance against lawful authority.

Runcie is serving in a special position of public trust. By inciting discontent towards the U.S Constitution and encouraging nationwide school walkouts Runcie deserves jail time.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

I was talking to a LEO that works in HISD (Houston). He has personally busted kids with illegal drugs but the school denied the arrest and he has to let them go. I had no clue that a school could override local law enforcement. I learn something new everyday! Oh, once a week hopefully!! Lol
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Boxerrider »

The school district's administrators are the first people who should be blamed when children under their direct supervision are injured. Local law enforcement probably second. That Runcie & Thompson spent so long pointing their fingers at lawful citizens turns my stomach.

Jeff

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

Files obtained by the Orlando Sun Sentinel show that Mr. Cruz committed 58 infractions from 2012-17 at Westglades Middle School and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, even though he was enrolled in 2015 at another school, Cross Creek, for students with emotional and behavioral disorders.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018 ... rsion-pro/
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

TreyHouston wrote:I was talking to a LEO that works in HISD (Houston). He has personally busted kids with illegal drugs but the school denied the arrest and he has to let them go. I had no clue that a school could override local law enforcement. I learn something new everyday! Oh, once a week hopefully!! Lol
1) they (school) should not have that authority
2) is it really 'zero tolerance' if their are no (real) consequences?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Scot Peterson, disgraced Parkland school cop, starts getting $8,702-a-month pension - Fox News

He is 55. He made $100,000 a year as the school resource officer.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

He was paid $101,879.03 last year.

$8,702.35 a month x 12 months = $104428.2 a year.

So, the coward of broward retired and got a raise.

Excuse me... I have to go throw up now.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Syntyr wrote:Files obtained by the Orlando Sun Sentinel show that Mr. Cruz committed 58 infractions from 2012-17 at Westglades Middle School and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, even though he was enrolled in 2015 at another school, Cross Creek, for students with emotional and behavioral disorders.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018 ... rsion-pro/
Great Article!
As a result, “With the child, it does create a false sense of ‘I can do this and nothing’s going to really happen to me,’ ” he said.
...the problem is that district failed to follow its own rules.
The school district created an environment where Cruz and others could continuously commit crimes and:
After nearly every episode, Mr. Cruz received the same type of punishment — detention, an in-school suspension or out-of-school suspension for one to three days—which also went against district policy.

The district, in violation of its own policy, nurtured Cruz into being a sociopath with minimal consequences for his ill behavior.

And Runcie blames law abiding gun owners. What an evil man.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://pjmedia.com/trending/publix-aba ... e-tantrum/

Hogg goes after Grocery store chain Publix, gets people to lay down in store on floor over NRA support.

Wins.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:09 pm https://pjmedia.com/trending/publix-aba ... e-tantrum/

Hogg goes after Grocery store chain Publix, gets people to lay down in store on floor over NRA support.

Wins.
Parkland Students’ Anti-NRA Protest Against Publix Backfires
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

Coconut Creek cop facing discipline over Facebook post aimed at Parkland's David Hogg
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Predicted to be a Hogg Summer with protests planned all across the country.

Tonight Show ( another boycott of mine now ) host Jimmy Fallon gave the commencement speech at Parkland High School this weekend. Hopefully it wasn’t political.
Probably very tough for those parents and the real victims right now.

‘It was my job, and I didn’t find him’: Stoneman Douglas resource officer remains haunted by massacre - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

So if he wasn’t outside waiting for backup as shots were being fired inside and was actively looking inside the school for the shooter. Maybe I owe him an apology. I thought there was video of him waiting outside and not going in the school.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”