TX: Package bombs in Austin

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Re: TX: Package bombs in Austin

Post by bblhd672 »

Hopefully he was lone wolf bomber and not part of a group.

If you want to do criminal stuff, don’t use your own cell phone or google for your searches.
Authorities also relied upon store receipts showing suspicious transactions from the person and obtained a search warrant for his Google search history that showed him conducting searches they considered suspicious, the official said.

Authorities relied upon cell phone technology to trace the suspect to a hotel in Williamson County, the official said.
https://www.statesman.com/news/breaking ... r31EzeUzI/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

"Manley said an officer had fired at the suspect, and another officer who was knocked back by the blast was treated for minor injuries."

Congrats to the hero's.

Probably there will be no mention of a good guy with a gun ended the terror.

We can be thankful, he was no unibomber.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

internet is saying suspect is

Mark Anthony Conditt, a 24-year-old white man from Pflugerville, Texas

https://www.facebook.com/christina.cond ... 1521641656

Unfortunately with the internet and social media, when something like this happens it becomes a tragedy for lots of people.

Apparently you want to set your facebook to private rather than trying to erase your history.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/au ... es-n858576

Used exotic batteries bought online, helped them catch him.

Used cell phone location software to figure out his cell phone number.

When he turned his cell phone on, they then had his location.

No unibomber. Just a dumb evil idiot.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

philip964 wrote:We can be thankful, he was no unibomber.
We knew that when the second bomb went off, didn't we?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Of course, the left will come up with something equally...

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Grundy1133 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: yeah but based on austin's track record it wouldnt be surprising..
Austin has a track record of liberals planting bombs in neighborhoods? I'd like to read those articles...got any links?
i never mentioned their track record including bombs in the mail... :nono: I didn't specify what their track record was. but i was referring to liberals doing stupid crap.
Lots of people do stupid crap...liberals, conservatives, libertarians.
Assigning blame to liberals just because is the same thing they do to those of us who own firearms every time there is a shooting.
which is why i mentioned their track record... i feel like you just want to argue and I really don't care to entertain you so enjoy your day :thumbs2:
Am I the only one that thought this was funny?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The media is glossing over the real common denominator to the mass killings and violence, a troubled young man that didn't get the proper attention and care he needed. Notice how little media attention and outcry there is over this now since it didn't involve a scary looking black gun. He even referred to himself as a "psychopath" in his confession video found on his cell phone. If you look at the other mass killers, they too were troubled people that needed help.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Grundy1133 »

C-dub wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: yeah but based on austin's track record it wouldnt be surprising..
Austin has a track record of liberals planting bombs in neighborhoods? I'd like to read those articles...got any links?
i never mentioned their track record including bombs in the mail... :nono: I didn't specify what their track record was. but i was referring to liberals doing stupid crap.
Lots of people do stupid crap...liberals, conservatives, libertarians.
Assigning blame to liberals just because is the same thing they do to those of us who own firearms every time there is a shooting.
which is why i mentioned their track record... i feel like you just want to argue and I really don't care to entertain you so enjoy your day :thumbs2:
Am I the only one that thought this was funny?
i guess its funny if you dont read the whole sentence. i mentioned track record. but i never specifically mentioned bombs being in said track record
NRA Member

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

A little update:

Texas DPS apparently recently released video from aerial surveillance they conducted to track down the bomber. There's a boom at the end.

USAF 1982-2005

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

ELB wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:53 am ... There's a boom at the end.
I've always been a sucker for a happy ending.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”