Armed robbery UTSW GFZ

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Armed robbery UTSW GFZ

Post by Bitter Clinger »

So here I sit in my UTSW hospital room wearing only my hospital gown man dress, unarmed and actually unable to manipulate a firearm safely anyway only one week after spinal surgery, and right down the street there is an armed robbery:
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Incre ... 61603.html

Clearly the robber did not obey the 30.06 / 07 signs newly and widely posted all over this University of Texas affiliated hospital. So I guess that the criminal was not a LTC holder.

I really want to tell UTSW what I think of their policy but I cannot find a call button labeled idiotic left wing liberal Academic leadership.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Armed robbery UTSW GFZ

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Do I detect a note of irony? :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Do I detect a note of irony? :-)

SIA
No more so than it was recently disclosed that Putin may have ties to Russia.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

"There's gambling in Casablanca?? I'm SHOCKED!"

Claude Rains, the French policeman, in Rick's bar, 1942.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Is there a pain meds button you can push instead? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Maybe they’ll have a patient survey you can fill out after your stay...

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

where are you seeing all of these "widely posted" 30.06 signs? I have been in many buildings there and have seen very few 30.06 signs and never a 30.07 signs. My wife works there and she has also seen very few signs and only in buildings where they need to be such as the Simmons Cancer building where the heavy duty radiation is done. Last time I was in CUH (Clements Hospital building) there was no 30.06 signs which is where the robbery took place. I truly hope you get better soon and are able to return to 100% ,maybe your meds are making you see triple the number of signs.... by the way, there also is no policy stopping employees from carrying where the buildings are not posted.....
Salty1

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I interviewed for a laboratory QA position at Clements 3 years ago. It was way outta my way and I didn't really want to have to take a position down there, but I had just been laid off and was still looking. I parked in one of their parking garages and remember seeing the signs then when I went in.

I haven't seen a hospital in North Texas that wasn't properly posted with both signs. AFAIK, that also includes all HCA, Baylor, and Presbyterian facilities. in the area. I haven't been down to Parkland in a while, but they probably think since they are closely related and attached to UTSWMC that they don't have to post.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

C-dub wrote:I interviewed for a laboratory QA position at Clements 3 years ago. It was way outta my way and I didn't really want to have to take a position down there, but I had just been laid off and was still looking. I parked in one of their parking garages and remember seeing the signs then when I went in.

I haven't seen a hospital in North Texas that wasn't properly posted with both signs. AFAIK, that also includes all HCA, Baylor, and Presbyterian facilities. in the area. I haven't been down to Parkland in a while, but they probably think since they are closely related and attached to UTSWMC that they don't have to post.
Took a patient to JPSH they are posted everywhere, even the loading dock is posted!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Salty1 wrote:where are you seeing all of these "widely posted" 30.06 signs? I have been in many buildings there and have seen very few 30.06 signs and never a 30.07 signs. My wife works there and she has also seen very few signs and only in buildings where they need to be such as the Simmons Cancer building where the heavy duty radiation is done. Last time I was in CUH (Clements Hospital building) there was no 30.06 signs which is where the robbery took place. I truly hope you get better soon and are able to return to 100% ,maybe your meds are making you see triple the number of signs.... by the way, there also is no policy stopping employees from carrying where the buildings are not posted.....
Sorry. Clements is clearly posted on glass by entry doors. Same with Zale, Outpatient Bldg and Professional office building. I may have carried past them myself in the past but they have become far more prominent recently. It is a University Teaching Hospital. The problem is not my meds, maybe you should go for an eye exam. On the other hand, I might just use your approach in the future; "signs, what signs, I didn't see any signs. My bad, won't happen again".
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Do I detect a note of irony? :-)

SIA
No more so than it was recently disclosed that Putin may have ties to Russia.
Wait, Putin is Russian? Say it isn't so Joe!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”