MA: 70 year old man arrested with assault rifle and 350 rounds of ammunition, oh my

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

MA: 70 year old man arrested with assault rifle and 350 rounds of ammunition, oh my

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/ ... ost_Viewed

70 year old men with a gun have become a real crime problem in Dorchester.

Whats up with people up North and their heroin, is it to make it through the winter?

Soccerdad1995

Re: MA: 70 year old man arrested with assault rifle and 350 rounds of ammunition, oh my

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

In other news a man was not arrested today even though he had an assault vehicle (commonly referred to as an SUV) and 30 gallons of high explosive gasoline right in front of an elementary school.

What is this world coming to?

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MA: 70 year old man arrested with assault rifle and 350 rounds of ammunition, oh my

Post by strogg »

How much do you want to bet the gun charges will be dropped in a plea deal for the heroin possession.

howdy

Post by howdy »

The barrel on that AR looks mighty short too.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I've been to Boston. I would not go back without being well armed.

That's the only place I've ever been to where people would stop walking down the street to simply stare at you as you drove by. It was creepy.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

howdy wrote:The barrel on that AR looks mighty short too.
I would have said that was an AR pistol, but that doesn't look like most pistol braces though it could be.

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

howdy wrote:The barrel on that AR looks mighty short too.
Oh yeah, didn't notice that. Maybe it'd help if I actually looked at the picture instead of going straight down to the text of the article. Something tells me no dropped charges for possession of that firearm, then. ATF will have a lot of fun with that one.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

strogg wrote:How much do you want to bet the gun charges will be dropped in a plea deal for the heroin possession.
I'd bet they are going to throw the book at him for the illegal weapon and magazines, no mercy.

He gets $7,500 in bail for the weapons, the woman possessing the heroin released without bail. She's more likely to get off in exchange for testifying against the horrible man with guns.

Either way, he'll never get his guns back.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Oh no. Not large capacity feeding devices.
large capacity feeding device.png
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Police Commissioner William B. Evans said in a statement that such military-style weapons make the city’s streets more dangerous.
“There is no need for any citizen in the city of Boston to be carrying high powered weapons of this kind, and there are just too many of these guns out there,” he said.
Ahh, yes, weapons for me but not for thee
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

E.Marquez wrote:
Police Commissioner William B. Evans said in a statement that such military-style weapons make the city’s streets more dangerous.
“There is no need for any citizen in the city of Boston to be carrying high powered weapons of this kind, and there are just too many of these guns out there,” he said.
But a police commissioners opinion doesnt matter. what DOES matter, however, is the little piece of paper thats over 200 years old that states its my constitutional right have have any gun i want... :rules: :rules:
NRA Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

E.Marquez wrote:
:iagree:

I guess the Police Commissioner considers the gentlemen pictured above as better than citizens? If he doesn't feel anyone in his city needs AR-15s, when will the SWAT team turn in all those "high powered weapons"? Evans did say there "are just too many of these guns out there".
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”