Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Post by Rafe »

Hospital spokesman: 3 admitted. One middle-aged male critical & in surgery. One abt middle-aged female shot in the leg, condition good. One patient under 18 gunshot wound to the log.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Our schools are soft targets. As long as they remain soft targets, evil people will take advantage of that fact.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

This is Texas, darnit. Why couldn't this have been "High school student able to get shotgun into school under a trench coat. When he presented the gun and prepared to fire, he was neutralized by a teacher who was trained and licensed. No one at the school injured but the attempted shooter."

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote:A house near the school has been cordoned by LEO; not sure why. Harris County sheriff interviewed now: says possibly 8 to 10 fatalities. One in custody, one person of interest. Both students at the school.
A lot of unknowns. I'm not sure why Ed Gonzalez Harris County Sheriff is the spokesman since it occurred in Galveston County. Perhaps the GCSD may have asked him to help at this early stage. I saw one student say the shooter used a shotgun.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gtolbert09 »

The media can't seem to agree on the number of deaths. Until the County Judge releases an official count, it's all speculation at this point.

I read one article with an interview of a student that said he only heard 7 shots fired.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Rafe wrote:This is Texas, darnit. Why couldn't this have been "High school student able to get shotgun into school under a trench coat. When he presented the gun and prepared to fire, he was neutralized by a teacher who was trained and licensed. No one at the school injured but the attempted shooter."
Because apparently the shooter did not go to a school with armed teachers. Per the local (Santa Fe ISD) school policy maintained at the Texas Association of School Boards website, the school board authorized a District police department of commissioned officers. The policy is dated 10/4/15. No idea if they actually implemented it.

https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/50 ... LOCAL).pdf
USAF 1982-2005

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

ELB wrote:
Rafe wrote:This is Texas, darnit. Why couldn't this have been "High school student able to get shotgun into school under a trench coat. When he presented the gun and prepared to fire, he was neutralized by a teacher who was trained and licensed. No one at the school injured but the attempted shooter."
Because apparently the shooter did not go to a school with armed teachers. Per the local (Santa Fe ISD) school policy maintained at the Texas Association of School Boards website, the school board authorized a District police department of commissioned officers. The policy is dated 10/4/15. No idea if they actually implemented it.

https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/50 ... LOCAL).pdf
Yep. Fixed link: https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/50 ... LOCAL).pdf

Seems like the critically injured male in surgery may be a retired HPD officer. Supposedly pres. of police union on route to hospital.

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Allons »

Prayers for all affected by this tragedy.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Tweeted 10 minutes ago:

@SantaFeISD
#UPDATE Possible explosive devices have been located at the school and off campus. Law enforcement is in the process of rendering them safe. School has been evacuated. Call 911 if you see any suspicious item. #HouNews #SantaFeISD

Evidently a third site, a second residence, has been cordoned. Local and Fed officers on site.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I went to high school in the mid '70's in rural Louisiana. Rifles and shotguns were commonly brought to school in rifle racks/back seats/trunks, especially during hunting seasons.

Culture has changed for the worst. Here's Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin's take on gun control and I agree with what he is saying. We need more leaders with the spine to look the leftist in the eyes and tell them they are wrong about the reasons for our youth killing each other.
https://www.facebook.com/GovMattBevin/v ... 618805523/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

@SantaFeISD
3 minutes ago
#UPDATE There have been explosive devices found in the high school and surrounding areas adjacent to the high school. Because of the threat of explosive items, community members should be on the look-out for suspicious packages and anything that looks out of place.

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steamboat »

Explosive devices? Where do these people come up with this stuff? Another sad day in Texas.
Prayers for all of the families affected by this senseless tragedy.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 7

Post by twomillenium »

All student reports say shotgun and maybe a pistol, National news, NBC, has added that shooter had an "assault rifle". Nothing like that on local news, is this new found truth or is NBC trying to further their agenda with their usual lies? We should wait for confirmed facts, and pray for all effected.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

cirus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cirus »

Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I'm 49 and graduated in 87 and usually had a rifle or shotgun in the rack of my truck. Somethings happened in the last 30 years and it's not the guns.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”