George Floyd who died from drug overdose was from Texas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 78

George Floyd who died from drug overdose was from Texas

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... hbor-says/

Man who died under police custody in Minneapolis was originally from Houston.
Last edited by philip964 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orangetx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Man who died from knee to neck was from Texas

Post by orangetx »

That dude was murdered.
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

orangetx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm That dude was murdered.
And the four cops were fired!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

OneGun wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:28 pm
orangetx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm That dude was murdered.
And the four cops were fired!
The police officers here should get a fair trial and if found guilty, they should get the same sentence that anyone else would get. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the video definitely looks very bad for the law enforcement officers here.

The fact that they were fired immediately isn't a good sign.

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

He committed a crime,
He resisted arrest,
He was subdued,
and then he was murdered.
He never had a chance to be tried by a jury of his peers. This officer decided to disregard his pleas and cries and held his knee on his neck until he was long past unconscious. The crowd kept telling him he was unresponsive. A Minnesota EMS tech (off duty) wanted to give CPR and was turned away.
This is gross malpractice of the law. Gross.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baseballguy2001 »

If we're lucky, maybe five years from now we'll find out what, if any, punishment these cops get. The video is pretty self explanatory, but honestly, even clear video hasn't made much of a difference sometimes. The knee_cop is heard on the video telling the suspect to "relax" they will claim he was disruptive, combative, etc. (before the video starts) The knee_cop can share a cell with Mohamed Noor who killed that Aussie woman up in Minneapolis. They were from the same police force.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 32

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

We The People must react with courage and conviction against the police state when we are witnessing that kind of abuse of their authority. It is by the grace of god I have never witnessed something like this in person because it would have been real hard for me not to make an attempt to intervene physically. This right here is an example of a power tripping bully who became a cop. His type is what creates animosity for all good cops everywhere. My prayers are that he is given like treatment and worse while he sits in prison.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

MPD seems to have some real issues.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Would use of force be justified here in Texas against a cop doing that to a perp? Meaning - you witness this exact same scenario here in Texas...you tackle the cop to get him off the perp, etc....sure, you're going to probably get the snot kicked out of you, arrested, shot, tased...but...yeah, I'm not a lawyer...just thinking out loud...so, what can we do if we see this exact same scenario? Obviously calling the cops is not an option... :tiphat:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

PUCKER wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:42 am Would use of force be justified here in Texas against a cop doing that to a perp? Meaning - you witness this exact same scenario here in Texas...you tackle the cop to get him off the perp, etc....sure, you're going to probably get the snot kicked out of you, arrested, shot, tased...but...yeah, I'm not a lawyer...just thinking out loud...so, what can we do if we see this exact same scenario? Obviously calling the cops is not an option... :tiphat:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.
I am not a lawyer, but I’d say good luck with that...
We both know what is right, but we also both know what is real.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

jb2012 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:08 pm
PUCKER wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:42 am Would use of force be justified here in Texas against a cop doing that to a perp? Meaning - you witness this exact same scenario here in Texas...you tackle the cop to get him off the perp, etc....sure, you're going to probably get the snot kicked out of you, arrested, shot, tased...but...yeah, I'm not a lawyer...just thinking out loud...so, what can we do if we see this exact same scenario? Obviously calling the cops is not an option... :tiphat:

I am not a lawyer, but I’d say good luck with that...
We both know what is right, but we also both know what is real.
IANAL, but I believe you can use deadly force to prevent aggravated assault, and definitely to prevent a murder. So technically, yes you could even shoot a cop in Texas, if they were in the process of killing a suspect, and be within the law.

And if you do, I predict that you will spend a long time in prison if you are not killed by the other cops on the scene, because you will not be able to convince a jury that you were actually witnessing a murder. But you will have saved the life of a potential murder victim, so there is that.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Y'all noticed that I used "you" in my post, right?...not "me / I"...I did use "we" though.... :tiphat:

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:33 pm
And if you do, I predict that you will spend a long time in prison if you are not killed by the other cops on the scene, because you will not be able to convince a jury that you were actually witnessing a murder. But you will have saved the life of a potential murder victim, so there is that.
My point exactly.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 16

Post by parabelum »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 pm We The People must react with courage and conviction against the police state when we are witnessing that kind of abuse of their authority. It is by the grace of god I have never witnessed something like this in person because it would have been real hard for me not to make an attempt to intervene physically. This right here is an example of a power tripping bully who became a cop. His type is what creates animosity for all good cops everywhere. My prayers are that he is given like treatment and worse while he sits in prison.
Exactly. This is a disgrace to those who serve with honor. My opinion, standards for fitness (physical and mental) have dropped long time ago. A confident officer in his physical and mental capabilities to get the job done would not have had his knee on the neck for this long. Consistent carotid pressure works in subduing an opponent, but you gotta know when to quit. UFC gets it. Time for standards and training improvement.
As for these, hope they rot...mainly the nazi who killed him.

Another point, learning the submission moves but not actually knowing when and how to deploy them without crossing the line is akin to getting your service pistol, learning how to load it but never going to the range to practice shooting it.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”