SB 321 passes the Senate

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

SB 321 passes the Senate

Post by baldeagle »

SB 321 (the employee parking lot bill) passed the Senate on a 30-1 vote today. I think this bill will likely pass both houses and become law, so some of y'all may have something to celebrate in the not too distant future. I think the campus carry bill is on shakier ground, but if it makes it out of the Calendars Committee in the House, it will probably pass and become law. Time will tell. The employee parking lot bills seem to be much less controversial than campus carry.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

artx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB 321 passes the Senate

Post by artx »

SB321 passed the Senate 3/15/11 :)

LInk to current status: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... Bill=SB321

Today, SB321 was reported out of the House Business and Industry Committee, on its way to calendars. HB681 (House companion, essentially same text) is already in Calendars. I don't know if time can be saved by having the House floor vote on SB321 vs HB681 or not. I'm hoping that calendars is intentionally not scheduling HB681 because they were waiting for SB321, but...who knows.

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

Well, that's weird. I got the alert today. :???:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I would think since SB 321 has already passed the Senate that it would be best for it to be the one that hits the House floor and the debate and vote done on it. That would put it to bed if it passed as written. :clapping:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Isn't this how far it got two years ago; the Senate passed it but it never made it to the House floor for a vote? :grumble
CHL since 01/26/09

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

Pete92FS wrote:Isn't this how far it got two years ago; the Senate passed it but it never made it to the House floor for a vote? :grumble
Looks like it - SB 730 from 2009. Hopefully, that's not the case this year...
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

Barbi Q

Post by Barbi Q »

Does anyone know what the changes are in the house B&I committeee substitute?
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”